What are your scrapbook themes?

Jenn Lynn

<font color=blue>Eli and Avery's Mama<br><font col
I am new to scrapbooking. I understand doing an album for a Disney trip or wedding, etc. But do you do albums for each child also? Do you do them by year? One for each child? Do you also then do a family album? Are those by year also? And I am thinking these would be in addition to the trip/special event albums? What about holidays? Are those separate? Family? Kids? Both?

I have my pictures sorted into years, but I was thinking I should do one for DD/year and our family/year. I know it is personal preference. I was just wondering what most of you do. And what you did when you first started with a bunch of pictures.

Thanks! :)

I'm doing one for each of my kids.. they will be able to see it up until their senior year of high school...than it will be hidden and some secret pages will be added and a special note from mom & dad and since I have two stepsons I will add a note from myself. I'm going to do their books chronologically.. I have a few pictures of my stepsons younger years that I will add..
I also have started a family book that I do by years and include the holidays.. That is just my way of doing things!

DH & I don't have kids yet, but I have done a "family" album for us for each year we have been together (The first one starts with our first date). I also have albums from each of our vacations, and our "furry kids" (2 cats & 3 dogs have albums--1 for the cats, 1 for the dogs). :thumbsup2

I have albums (planned :rolleyes1 ) for each Disney trip, one for each child, our wedding, one for our home (shows history and remodeling we've done), one for our kitchen addition (although I may combine that into the home one), one for a general family history (vacations, events), and I do a Christmas album that is a continuing thing. I'm in the 3rd book for that and we've been married almost 11 years.

Each of my kids has their own books. Once they get full I start a new one. I scrap events and memorable moments for them. Then I also have a book just for our Disney trips, A vacation book separate from Disney, a book for our trips to our place in Lake Tahoe, And a Book for Hawaii. "Someday" I plan on having a book about DH and I as well as a book of our wedding. However that might not happen until my kids are out of the house

Our Wedding Album
Son's Baby Album - pregnancy through first birthday
Family albums
Son's school album
Son's Royal Ranger album (8 1/2 x 11)
Major Trip albums: Disney, Alaska

I have albums just for Disney trips (3 or 4 of them)
Each child has their own album, although I'm about a year behind in those. Then I keep a family album going as well.
I have an album that has been a long work in progress, our wedding/honeymoon.
I do have one that was just Christmas but once that was full, I just put those into the family album now.
When I get my pictures printed, I usually have so many of an event that I just split them between the kids and family album. Sometimes I'll get doulbles made if I really like the picture. And even though I have albums just for Disney trips, I still put a page or 2 of Disney in each family/kid album too.

I don't have kids. I make a special book for each major vacation and then a yearbook of sorts where I put birthdays, weekend trips, day trips to the zoo, pet pictures, and so on, in for what I do each year.

I do an album a year for every year, beginning in 1999. For the yearly albums, I put everything in there that happened that year, but if there is a special event it gets it's own album. For example, we got married in 2005 so everything that happened in 2005 is in the "2005 album" but of course the wedding and honeymoon will each get their own album, but I'll put some wedding and honeymoon pix in the "2005 album" since it happened that year. It's kind of redundant, I know, but I work best chronologically.

I have one Disney album that covers the 1970's to about 1998 but honestly we go so often that we don't take that many pictures anymore and any we do take go in the yearly albums. My plan is one day to make one album from my mom's pictures from 1970 and back. I did this for the 1990's and it worked great and I plan to do it for 1980's as well. Yes, I'll be very busy over the next 50 years :lmao:

I do an album for both my kids from birthday to birthday so one a year for each one and I do a 2 page spread in a Christmas album every year. Next month we are going to Disney I'll do a album on just that trip. My son has a stuffed puppy who he has had since he was 6 months (he is now 6 yrs old) and puppy is a member of our family he goes every where with us so I'm doing a 7 x 7 album on puppy and called Puppy Love, I never realized how many pictures puppy was in until I started the album. Nancy

I have
one from Sesame Place,
Disney 2002(actually its two albums,I take way too many pictures),
Disney 2005 is currently two books
Oldest son has one from each school year - I do month to month
Baby book for each - not nearly finished
I have professional pictures albums for each and then one for the family shots
One for my sisters children
and a big pile of pages done that I need file into albums

Hi, first time posting on this board, but these are the albums I have:

Each child has their own album, I'm hoping to break them up by ages, first one is 0-4, second hoping for 5-12 and 13-18. The 5-12 is getting big already so these may have to be broken down more. I figure these will be given to each child as a special time in their life, when they are ready to have them (wedding?) These are chronological, with mostly big events, holiday's with a few extras thrown in.

I also have a family album, it begins with DH and I as kids, one page each and then moves on to our dating and engagement photos, wedding photos and then with mostly our vacations and holidays, or other family events like birth of babies, pets etc. This album is for me so I have something when my kids are older and have theirs.

I have a small album designated for a girls weekend we do with my aunts, cousins, etc.

This is about all I can find time to keep up with and even then I'm behind!

I keep a chronological album of events for each child (mostly the big stuff such as b.days, Christmas, Easter, 1st day of school, field trips, and family vacations other than WDW). I am current up to June 2000.... DD has two overstuffed albums and another started. DS has one overstuffed album and another about half full.

I also do an album for each of them for WDW. For our 2002 trip they each have one very full album. I have one day left to finish of our 2004 trip.... they will each have two full albums for that trip.

I also do a gardening scrapbook for my Dad. It started with 1961 and is current to today (I am actually caught up with that one!).

I started "life" album for my mom on her 60th b.day about 4 years ago. I do bits and pieces as I find the time and inspiration It is not real full, but she loves it. Maybe I will find some time to do more for her before Mother's Day.

The kids and I did a small 5 x 7 album for DH for Father's Day last year. It was just some family photos and family-type quotes.

I did a 60 page 5 x 7 album for my SIL for her 50th b.day last year.

And I am about to start an 8 x 8 "Top 10 Reasons" album for a set of twins in our family who are turning 1 this month!

So I guess I had better stop typing and start scrapping!.............P

I have done albums for two of my kids chronological...birth through graduation.

Did a 25th wedding anniversay album which was a Disney Land and Sea event...the album itself is large and very detailed.

Currently I am working on our last Disney cruise book which is a much smaller album in size and not nearly as detailed. I'm thinking at this point future Disney cruises will be included in the same album.

I just ordered an album that I will do for our oldest daugher's wedding...it will be for us to have around our home as our daughter and her future husband are already starting there own book.

WOW! Ya'll amaze me!! :woohoo: I have planned to have an album for each of my girls but made it only to age 10 on my 14 (almost 15) yr old and haven't touched the other 2 girls yet!! I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I don't have time to do all I would like to so it's going have to be special occasions.
Completed albums include...
2004 Disney/Universal Studios and Sea World album completed (2 albums) Family reunion 2003
Carnival cruise to Key West & Playa del Carmen, November 2005
Family vacations in Panama City Beach FL 2002 and 2003
Fantasy Fest in Key West, October 2003
I didnt' really "scrap" the 2004 trip b/c I didn't go but DH did and wanted him to have some pictures to share w/his buddies at work.

Our family album is a work in process. Have completed 2002 (I think) up to March 2004 which is where I'm at now. Since I'm a Travel Agent and specialize in vacation pkgs and cruises, I decided to make a Destination album for Caribbean Islands and Mexico so that's in progress. I also have one of Misc Cruises and a separate album on Hawaii.

Hmmmmmm.....as I look back I guess that's not so bad. Right now I have a small 8 x 8 album in progress for our Exchange Student from Milan, Italy that lived w/us in 86/87. He's coming in this weekend. I have only the first 4 pages completed w/15 or so to go!! Need to get busy!

Karen

I have:
an album for each child of their 1st year
an album of me & DH's engagement/wedding/honeymoon
a family camping album
and the rest (6 or so) are just yearly "family albums" to be fought over
after I'm gone..... :)

I like the IDEA of each child having their own album each year, but for me,
I couldn't keep up w/ it, and it would make it not as much fun, so that's
why I just do a combined family album.

I generally do each vacation in it's own book and theme. I get doubles of the prints and my DD15 does her own book and memories of the particular trip.

I also have one that I've been working on of our DD growing up and misc events. I completed one just from her gymnastics days when she competed. It was a great way to showcase her ribbons and scores from the various competitions.

Then I have one that is just for misc events, such as concerts, birthday's etc that are non DD.

My DH loves that I do scrapbooking because then I'm not out shopping for shoes :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter