What bag do you carry?

I have to have something big enough to fit my camera and at least one extra lens. I've done totes and backpacks and camera bags. This year I'm going with a smallish Vera tote - I like Vera because they are bigger on the inside than they are on the outside (you'd be amazed how much STUFF you can fit into a hipster, for example), it has a zip top, and it has inside pockets.

I was looking for a specific Loungefly mini backpack, but it went out of stock and I don't know if it will come back before our trip. If it does, I'm totally getting that one too.

I prefer to go bagless and 90% of the time we do.

Most days we do an AM park and back to the resort for pool time and then a PM park. On those days I go bagless and just carry this waterproof Joto phone case that goes around my neck. It holds a credit card, some cash, my ID and my phone. I don't need much more for 4-5 hours of being out and about.

https://www.amazon.com/JOTO-Universal-Waterproof-Cellphone-Samsung/dp/B00WXFSEDU

On days that we may be in the parks longer (I have a few sleep in, arrive around noon and shut the park down days) I got a baggilini and a Vera Bradley crossbody bag that was referred on this site. It's enough for me to carry my portable cell charger (which is the #1 reason I would even entertain carrying a bag), lip balm, contact solution, a poncho if rain is in the forecast and lady toiletries if needed. I don't like to carry a lot around and I figure I'm not in the middle of nowhere. Anything I MUST have can be bought in the parks or I can go back to my room if needed. It won't be the end of the world.

I never carry water or snacks into the park.

At night I try and go bagless if we are just going to dinner. During the day I need my prescription sunglass, a wrap or something for when we are eating and it is too cold, wipes, tissues, mini sunscreen, hand lotion and water. I have a few cross body bags, no particular brand. Several years ago this light backpack was suggested on the boards and one of the best purchase I have made. It is on the smaller side, very light weight and a water bottle fits on each side pouch. My husband and I take turns carrying it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016NLA96Y/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AEA5K88RO6XPD

We just got back and I bought the HIKPRO backpack based off this recommendation and LOVED it. It is lightweight, water-resistant (it will soak through if you get caught in a heavy rain), holds two water bottles. DH and I took turns carrying it and it held enough gear for our family of five. For $17 on Amazon, you can't beat it.

We just got back and I bought the HIKPRO backpack based off this recommendation and LOVED it. It is lightweight, water-resistant (it will soak through if you get caught in a heavy rain), holds two water bottles. DH and I took turns carrying it and it held enough gear for our family of five. For $17 on Amazon, you can't beat it.
Would I be able to fit a couple sweatshirts in there? We are going the end of November and I keep hearing we may need sweatshirts at night.

Would I be able to fit a couple sweatshirts in there? We are going the end of November and I keep hearing we may need sweatshirts at night.

It’s usually not very cool at night in November, and sometim ven December. We typically get our colder nights from January through maybe mid March, with the end of Jan to beg of Feb the coldest. But there are some winters I never wear a jacket, and I can’t remember the last time I wore one in November. By all means, pack one in your suitcase if you want to, but a long sleeve tee shirt might be the lighter carry weight and more practical choice.

It depends on when you're going- if it's during the really warm months, you probably won't need to carry a sweater. I would advise carrying a rain jacket that rolls up small instead of a poncho. You can pack fewer things because the rain jacket will keep you dry and warm-ish (well, warmer than a poncho would, at least!)

I find it's easiest if everyone carries a small bag with only what they need. I have a very small crossbody purse in which I can fit a small water bottle (get a Brita or a Bobble that has the filter in it- that way you only have to carry one bottle and fill it up at fountains as you need, and the filter takes the chlorine taste out,) my phone, my ID, band-aids, and my glasses. My mom carried a very small backpack that had her poncho, her water bottle (again, a Bobble,) and a couple other small things. I could access my stuff, she could access her stuff, each bag was very light, and we didn't need to trade off carrying anything!

It’s usually not very cool at night in November, and sometim ven December. We typically get our colder nights from January through maybe mid March, with the end of Jan to beg of Feb the coldest. But there are some winters I never wear a jacket, and I can’t remember the last time I wore one in November. By all means, pack one in your suitcase if you want to, but a long sleeve tee shirt might be the lighter carry weight and more practical choice.

My family is from the northeast, so when we go to Disney in the winter, we inevitably have our winter jackets already because we have to wear them to the airport. We have been to Disney in the winter months when we could have sold our winter jackets to strangers for $100 apiece! It's sometimes been so cold that they turn off the water or completely shut down the water rides. Granted, this was in January and February, and it usually never gets that cold in November. Pack a sweatshirt in your backpack or bring one on the plane if you want, but you shouldn't need anything too heavy.

There are two sizes of Hikpro bags. The small one ( 20 L ) won't work and be large enough for sweatshirts. That's the one we use in the summer. We recently purchase the 35L. It will be perfect for carrying our two sweatshirts along with our other stuff during cooler weather. It is still very lightweight and holds the two water bottles. We love both.

I'm planning to take my Manfrotto Advanced Active Backpack I with me. Plenty of room for my camera, lens trinity and the essentials.

I used the Patagonia Atom sling the last time I went. Small bag, but it holds pretty much everything you need and then some. A couple bottles of water when we didn't want to carry them anymore. If we felt like we needed a jacket, we just wore it. or tied it around our waist like the cool 90's kids did.

We have 3 bags and it depends on what we’re doing and how long we will be at the park. Quick trip to do FPs - I have a small Vera Bradley crossbody. Visiting a restaurant while we’re out? I have a mid size Dooney crossbody as I like to take my own salad dressing lol. My DH has a backpack we use for full park days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter