What better place to celebrate 20 magical years?? A July/19 anniversary PTR! Link to new TR 07/13

We will probably do a few classic attraction like Carousel of Progress, the People Mover and the Tiki Room

Those are the ones I went on with Mom too. Nice and easy on her.

After a little chill time, we will hop into an Uber and head over to Typhoon Lagoon for a few hours to enjoy the lazy river and the wave pool.

A water park is still on my list someday. Sounds like they are a lot of fun but relaxing at the same time.

What better place to enjoy dinner than the lovely Geyser Point!

I am hoping to get there someday soon! I keep hearing GREAT things about this place!

(although I think Disney is making a HUGE mistake in taking this away from resort guests)

It would be incredibly foolish!

FP day is May 3rd (so frustrating when it's a work day)

YES!! Luckily my TA made the for Sept so hassle-free!

6010103-1376-590_1.jpg

Lovely and pefect!

What do you mean....we have to go home????

Yes friends, it's come to the dreaded day of all Disney trips. The day we board the Tragical Depress and head back to reality. Luckily we are going to try to pack as much fun as possible into our last few hours. We were watching a video earlier and Garden Grill was featured. DH turned to me and said "we're eating there, right??? Well no, actually I hadn't booked it because he had never indicated any interest in it. So.....onto MDE I went, found a 9:50 am reservation for Garden Grill and made it a reality!

We debated about doing FPs at Epcot after breakfast but decided that we would just hop the monorail back to Magic Kingdom. Even though we are 45 days out now, I was easily able to grab an FP for SDMT at 11:00, followed by Pirates and Haunted Mansion! A perfect way to end our magical 10 days!

Oh, how awesome you snagged a Garden Grill breakfast reservation! You'll get to leave Disney by saying goodbye to some wonderful Mickey pals. :goodvibes (Plus, the cinnamon roll!)

Last Disney days are never fun but packing in as much as you can certainly helps!

The saddest day of all...

But brightened with some rides and a nice sounding brekkie!
It is the saddest day! Originally I thought 10 days would give us tons of time, now I wish I booked 2 weeks!

Oh, how awesome you snagged a Garden Grill breakfast reservation! You'll get to leave Disney by saying goodbye to some wonderful Mickey pals. :goodvibes (Plus, the cinnamon roll!)
I love Garden Grill. I haven't eaten there since my first solo trip in 2016 but I really enjoyed it then and I'm sure we will again.

Last Disney days are never fun but packing in as much as you can certainly helps!
Exactly! We can relax when we get home!

It is the saddest day! Originally I thought 10 days would give us tons of time, now I wish I booked 2 weeks!

Maybe if I win the lottery I'll buy into Golden Oaks.

I love Garden Grill. I haven't eaten there since my first solo trip in 2016 but I really enjoyed it then and I'm sure we will again.

It's always nice to find those few certain places we enjoy over and over.

Exactly! We can relax when we get home!

For sure!

Ah the worst day of any trip! But sounds like you have some fun to still be had! I love GG breakfast- nice addition! And even better that you'll hop over to MK for some last rides!

I love your dress for Victoria and Alberts, very pretty. I had fun buying a few dresses for the May trip!

I’m glad FP day went well and you were able to add some good ones for the last day

We love Garden Grill Breakfast and we are eating there in August. Have you been yet?

What a fun trip you have planned!

Ah the worst day of any trip! But sounds like you have some fun to still be had! I love GG breakfast- nice addition! And even better that you'll hop over to MK for some last rides!
The breakfast and last few hours at MK are making me feel a bit better about leaving. At least we know we will have a fun few hours and full bellies before heading the Tragical Depress.

Love you FP success! That's awesome that you got everything you wanted!
It was the easiest FP day ever! I was so happy with how everything went. It's making me feel optimistic about crowd levels for early July. :)

I love your dress for Victoria and Alberts, very pretty. I had fun buying a few dresses for the May trip!

I’m glad FP day went well and you were able to add some good ones for the last day

We love Garden Grill Breakfast and we are eating there in August. Have you been yet?

What a fun trip you have planned!
Thanks so much! Dress shopping is always fun! Yes, I was so lucky with FPs and was able to get everything I wanted with no issues. It definitely makes me feel good about crowd levels. I love Garden Grill breakfast too. I ate there on my 2016 trip (my first solo trip!) but haven't been back since. I am really looking forward to it......love the cinnamon roll and tater tots there. Plus how cute is Farmer Mickey?? I am so excited about our trip....there are so many new things to share with DH! :)

This is a request from my lovely husband as he loves the Jungle Cruise and is really looking forward to checking this restaurant out.
Just read your pre-trip report! You must be so excited with just a month left!!!

My husband and I ate at Skipper Canteen last year on our 25th anniversary trip. We loved it so much we cancelled our Be Our Guest reservations on a different day and ate here a second time! Then, I took my son here on his 14th birthday in October and I have a reservation for me and my daughter for our trip in August. We all love it. It is currently my favorite restaurant in Disney!!! My husband still likes 'Ohana best, but he likes this one a lot too! Enjoy!!!!

Just read your pre-trip report! You must be so excited with just a month left!!!

My husband and I ate at Skipper Canteen last year on our 25th anniversary trip. We loved it so much we cancelled our Be Our Guest reservations on a different day and ate here a second time! Then, I took my son here on his 14th birthday in October and I have a reservation for me and my daughter for our trip in August. We all love it. It is currently my favorite restaurant in Disney!!! My husband still likes 'Ohana best, but he likes this one a lot too! Enjoy!!!!
:welcome: , thank you so much for reading along! I really like Skippers too and am excited for my DH to experience it for the first time. The theming is great and I love the food! My DH loves Ohana too and that is on the list for our trip as well! :)

Lots of changes at the three week mark!

Now that DAH events are up for our trip dates, I was trying to decide whether to keep our EMM at Toy Story Land on the 3rd or go for DAH at HS on the 5th. Ultimately I decided for $20 more pp we would get double the time at DAH so I went for that.

This makes Wednesday the 3rd a pool/chill/sleep in day which is probably a good idea as we will have been on the go since 3 am the day before. We may try to pop by Trader Sam's before our Ohana dinner and MK evening.

Thursday the 4th remains the same although I am still debating about adding on H2O glow nights. I don't want to purchase tickets until I know the weather.

Boma breakfast was moved from Friday the 5th to our AKL checkout day on the 6th. Our lunch at 50s Prime Time on the 6th was moved to dinner on Friday the 5th before DAH.

Additional FPs were booked for HS on the 5th ~ Frozen Sing A Long, ToT and Muppets.
I added FPs for MK in the afternoon before heading over to check in at Copper Creek. Splash, BTMR and Haunted Mansion were my pick there.

Probably will still do a bit of tinkering......I'll be fine tuning until we leave, lol!

3 days to go!!!!

I bought my tickets for the Keys to the Kingdom tour a few days ago so am very happy about that!

I also added Via Napoli to our Epcot evening as DH saw a review of it and said "we're eating there, right???" Well, we weren't as we have afternoon tea at the Grand that afternoon but I added it and am sure we can always split a pizza and salad.

I will post my link for the TR here when we return. Thanks for reading along and for all your helpful advice as I planned our dream anniversary trip. I can't wait to share it all with you!

Last edited:
Have an amazing anniversary and vacation Susan!!!! Can't wait to hear about it all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!