What can a one year old do at the water parks?

jbethel77

Mouseketeer
My older daughter (9) is wanting to try out the water parks & maybe take a drive to the Kennedy Space Center for a day. I think she’s getting a little tired of doing the same stuff at the 4 main parks.
Problem is, we also have a 13 month old. When looking at the water parks online, I’m not seeing much outside the splash area for her to do. The family raft rides say “any height” but I’m assuming we can’t hold her & she’s not old enough to hold onto handles etc by herself..
Is there anything I’m missing?
Are there a lot of shaded areas to take her for a break?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Pretty much just the splash area. There is a lazy river that goes around both parks and you would be able to hold her there (the water is only 3ft deep) and there is plenty of shade in both water parks!

Blizzard Beach has an entire area for really little ones called Tykes Peak. You could also take DD1 in the small pool in Ski Patrol, which is the area right next door. You could hold her while floating around the lazy river or while in the wave pool (it's a zero entry pool so you can stay as shallow as you want). TL has an area for babies too, but BB may be a bit better.

My older daughter (9) is wanting to try out the water parks & maybe take a drive to the Kennedy Space Center for a day. I think she’s getting a little tired of doing the same stuff at the 4 main parks.
Problem is, we also have a 13 month old. When looking at the water parks online, I’m not seeing much outside the splash area for her to do. The family raft rides say “any height” but I’m assuming we can’t hold her & she’s not old enough to hold onto handles etc by herself..
Is there anything I’m missing?
Are there a lot of shaded areas to take her for a break?

Thanks!

my son was 9 months old when we took him to the water park. I just rode around on the lazy river holding him most of the time we were there while DH and DD rode the water slides and the wave pool.

If it’s in the budget, I’d recommend getting a cabana. We also have a big age range, and I appreciate having a dedicated space to hang and relax with the baby while the big kids can play all day.

I've only been to Typhoon Lagoon but they have a huge toddler splash pad area - and some parts of it the water is only a couple inches!

At Aquatica they have a whole area for under 3, we know cause we got kicked out for being to big..lol they have a slide a little bigger than the little tikes one

If it’s in the budget, I’d recommend getting a cabana. We also have a big age range, and I appreciate having a dedicated space to hang and relax with the baby while the big kids can play all day.

Even if it’s not in our budget when we go back in 4 years, my dh said renting the polar patio was the best think we ever did in Disney! We stayed the entire day and were able to veg out in the shade of the August temps while the kids did the slides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter