• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What can Gma and Gpa do at Chaanknaab while we are w/dolphins?

dzneprincess

This page intentionally left blank
For those of you who have done the dolphin swim, I have a few questions. I have already made my resevation, and we are quite excited about it. It will me, DH and 2 of our children. MY youngest son can not participate, but I was thinking he could watch along with my mom and dad? Is that possible? How long does the swim last? What other things can be done in this park? Am I correct in understanding that it is basically a beach? Then why do they charge to get in?

Hello- I can answer some of your questions. When I did the swim with my 2 dd's, my mom and a cousin came along to watch and take pictures. They were very nice and even carried out a chair for my mom. The instructors talk to you and show you a video for about 20min and then take you to the swim which is about 30min. There is a little cove very close by if your younger child and parents want to hang out there- my 2yr old played there all day, but I wish we had brought him over to see the dolphins. There are other things to do at the park- snorkle, sea lion show, bird show and gardens, but we didn't have time to see all of it. We had a great day there- we just need to go back and see what we missed!

thanks for the info. About how long would you say, your family pent in Chaankanab? Is it an all day type place? Will we have time to play at Sallys?

We went to Chankanaab park last Fall. We had a great time! We did a little shopping first thing when the stores opened. Then took a cab over to Chankanaab Park. We didn't want to leave! I spent a lot of time just watching the dolphins and snorkeling. You can spend as much time as you want. It's just such a beautiful place to walk around on the paths there, watch the dolphins or just sit on the beach if you'd like. There's a great mexican restaurant right on the beach. Not a place that there's so much to do you'd never get it in. Just a wonderful place to spend a day or 1/2 day if you'd like. We can't wait to go back some day.

Enjoy your time!
Laura

What can Gma and Gpa do at Chaanknaab while we are w/dolphins?

I was going to say make-out, but then I read:
MY youngest son can not participate, but I was thinking he could watch

and that is something DS does not need to see.

Jim

PS I can't believe I beat BD to this.:p

Originally posted by jgalecpa
I was going to say make-out, but then I read:

and that is something DS does not need to see.

Jim

PS I can't believe I beat BD to this.:p

EEEWWW Thats something I dont need to see or think about, thanks for the visual:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter