What CAN'T be charged to magic band?

MrsAlexis

Mouseketeer
I want to use a gift card for as many of our expenses as possible, including souvenirs, dining, snacks, etc. I know I need to clear my balance every couple days to avoid my credit card being charged. What can I NOT charge to my magic band?

I want to use a gift card for as many of our expenses as possible, including souvenirs, dining, snacks, etc. I know I need to clear my balance every couple days to avoid my credit card being charged. What can I NOT charge to my magic band?

The only things that we've not been allowed to charge are from some of the snack/souvie carts or nighttime shows roaming food/souvie CM's. Have charged everything else I can think of off hand.

There are very few kiosks or stores that don't accept the room charge unless there is a computer error. After dozens of trips we have only had an issue at the Japan Kiosk during F&W last year, and at ice cream carts in Epcot and AK during our August trip on consecutive days. I usually carry a small amount of cash just in case.

What about pre-ordering QS meals via MDE app? Seems like that references you must prepay with credit card?

CMs aren't supposed to let you buy a gift card using a room charge, although the computer will let us do it. I can't think of much else besides that.
I’m under the impression that ticket sales and upgrades can’t be charged back to your room. Any truth to that?

I always bring alternate payment because I've run into kiosks charging not working even for credit cards.

For sure Mickey Balloons are cash and I thought the little carts with the light up stuff are cash only but maybe not anymore. Henna Tattoo I thought was cash too but that may have also changed since I've done it which was 8 years or so ago.

You can go in the nearest store, pay for the balloon then bring the receipt and get it. So you can still technically pay for a balloon with the band

Hey! I learn something new on here all the time. Thanks for this little tip.

You technically can use your MB at guest services, but last August buying a Tables in Wonderland card, they couldn't make it work. Seems like they, of all people, should be able to work a magicband, but in the end I had to pull out my Disney Visa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter