What cleaners are you using?

PJTMG

Earning My Ears
I have had the worst luck finding my normal cleaning supplies. Even on Amazon - everything is sold out!

So what are your favorites? The normal kind, for cleaning bathrooms and cleaning the kitchen.

I need to stock up I guess if the fall is going to be just as bad as the Spring!

I use Clorox Clean Up with bleach in the spray bottle..everytime I see it at Walmart I get my limit of 1. I have about 10 bottles stocked up. I wanted the bigger refill bottles, but noone has had those. I also pick up bottles of the lemon scented pine sol when they have it, I have 4 of those. Bleach, limit is one, I have 5 gallons in the cellar. Still waiting for the Lysol concentrate to reappear. I also use Comet powder to clean the top of our glass top stove. I have also been stocking up on 6 roll packs of paper towels when I see them, the 3 packs of Puffs with Lotion, and I have at least 3 35 count pkgs of toilet paper I bought in March, that haven't been touched yet, lol!

Our supply of regular household cleaners has never really resolved since the original shortages. I still can't get Lysol Lemon Liquid, which is the type I most often used. No Chlorox Clean Up bleach spray either and I also miss that. I got a big bottle of Pine Sol for the floors and a big spray bottle of store-brand kitchen disinfectant a few months ago and I've still got some. For everything else I've just been using Dawn dish soap and Windex which have constantly remained available.

No problems finding regular household cleaners, just disinfecting cleaners. I haven't seen disinfecting wipes for months. When I run out I suppose I'll make 10% bleach solution in a spray bottle for when I need to disinfect. No use of stocking up on bleach though - it expires 1 year after manufacture date which is fine to still use in the laundry but not if you are really looking for disinfection strength.

We cleaned the house today.

Lysol toilet cleaner-toilets
Windex-bathroom mirrors
A mix of vinegar, dawn detergent and water on kitchen sink and counters and showers/bathtubs.
**** and span for floors. I have alternated between pine sol and simple green for years, but bought **** and Span at the Dollar Store for a change.

I have bleach and mix it with water when need to use it.

Luckily I found all purpose cleaner with bleach a month or so ago and will use that for showers and counters sometimes. Haven't seen it in the stores since. But my usual mixes are my regular go tos.

I don't know what it is called, but our school gave every teacher a bottle of Super-Strong-Kills-CoronaVirus, and then sent us home -- we were warned that we have to wear gloves to use it, and we have to wash our hands immediately afterward.

Obviously I stole the bottle for my own use at home. No one's in my classroom.

I use Truman’s and Bon Ami in my bathrooms.
Truman’s, Lysol spray, Clorox wipes and Mrs. Meyers in my kitchen.
Method for dusting and floors.

I use Dow Scrubbing Bubbles for bathrooms (sinks and tub)
Lysol toilet bowl cleaner
Clorox Wipes
Windex Multi surface with vinegar for counters and mirrors/windows

I haven't had issues finding anything except wipes. I find the Clorox wipes on Amazon from time to time. I have enough.

I also have bleach but don't use it very much.

Lysol Lemon, but lately Microban is my go to, it seems to be everywhere lately, and I buy 3 each Walmart order.
Do you find it regularly? I haven't seen it for months, nor the orange or ocean-fresh scents. I like regular lemon Mr. Clean too but not all the other weird scents and the ones with Febreeze just choke me.

So what are your favorites? The normal kind, for cleaning bathrooms and cleaning the kitchen.

I need to stock up I guess if the fall is going to be just as bad as the Spring!
For almost everything I use Purple Power in varying concentrations. Get it at Home Depot or most any hardware store. Simple Green works nearly as well and makes you think it's a healthier option, which can be comforting. You get a gallon of the concentrate then cut it down 15-1 for average spray cleaner. 8-1 as a carpet shampoo. A table spoon of the stuff cleans a load of laundry in the machine (though we normally use tide for this). No real scent to the stuff, just pure detergent.

I also like the spray can Kaboom. Sort of like the aerosol Scrubbing Bubbles but it goes on blue then turns white. What I like about it is that it's very bio-reactive. My cats are great about 'going' where they should except one of them has had a bit of trauma and about once every 2 or 3 months will get confused and just go a little somewhere out of the way. We have hard surface floors and it doesn't really show if it dries. So sometimes we find a suspect 'water mark' and just to be sure I'll Kaboom it. It's sort of like hydrogen peroxide, if the spray hits anything organic it foams up and turns white instantly.

Do you find it regularly? I haven't seen it for months, nor the orange or ocean-fresh scents. I like regular lemon Mr. Clean too but not all the other weird scents and the ones with Febreeze just choke me.

Just in the past month or so, at Wal-Mart and Pharmaprix (Shoppers), before that not at all.

Just in the past month or so, at Wal-Mart and Pharmaprix (Shoppers), before that not at all.
I make a WalMart run every once in a while to stock up on cleaning stuff but day-to-day I do most of my shopping at a little 60's era neighbourhood grocery store (it's a Sobey's) and their stock is quite varied but small in individual quantities so maybe I'm just missing some of the stuff I really want.

Same as always. Had plenty on hand when the pandemic panic buying began, haven't used it up since. Clorox bathroom cleaner spray. I have a bottle of Kaboom and a bottle of Great Value Bathroom cleaner with bleach.
Last Sunday we were at Walmart and some lady dress in what appeared to be nursing home staff attire was buying 24 gallon jugs of bleach and she didn't even make a dent in their stock.

No problems finding regular household cleaners, just disinfecting cleaners. I haven't seen disinfecting wipes for months. When I run out I suppose I'll make 10% bleach solution in a spray bottle for when I need to disinfect. No use of stocking up on bleach though - it expires 1 year after manufacture date which is fine to still use in the laundry but not if you are really looking for disinfection strength.
I bought disinfecting wipes at CVS about a week ago.

I have had good luck buying cleaning supplies at Dollar Tree. They usually have Kaboom or a similar product that I use in the bathroom sink and shower. They also have plenty of window cleaner, both the blue type (like Windex) and a clear, vinegar based spray. Although I don't use it, I've seen plenty of bleach and it seems like they always have Mr. Clean, Comet, and ****-n-Span type products. They also have Dawn, Palmolive, and Ajax dishwashing liquid.

Back when all the virus stuff started, I bought a 5 pack of large containers of sanitizing wipes at Sam's, but still have all of them except the 15 wipes we took on a plane with us a few weeks ago. I mostly use vinegar for washing down counter tops and dilute it for the bathroom floors. The rest of our floors are either carpeted or hard woods; I use Bona, which I buy at Lowe's, on the wood floors.

Scrubbing Bubbles for bathrooms
Clorox Cleanup for some areas in my kitchen.
Windex Multipurpose (disinfecting) for countertops
Vinegar/water for hardwood and tile floors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter