What day of the week do they lower flights???

kandb

DIS Veteran
We fly jetblue and are looking for return flights in August from Las Vegas. I have been tracking them daily but they haven't come down yet. I thought I read that flights go lower on Tuesdays. Is this true or could it be any day? I will probably keep checking daily but just curious what is the trend?

It used to be Tuesdays, then IBM started requiring connector licenses to SABRE about 5-7 years ago, and all bets were off since AA got disconnected from everybody.

Every single airline just uses fare buckets now, and prices rarely go down, and if they do it's due to lower than expected demand for a flight or route, or defending a fortress hub. There's no way using public sources to track when this will occur.

If I know I need to book a flight I will check the website at least once a day. I saved about $550 on 4 tickets to San Diego by stalking the SW website. They happened to go down on a Saturday for about 6 hours in the morning. By that evening they were back up to original price. I will also recheck rental car prices every few weeks. I saved about $150 on the price of a rental car by cancelling and rebooking.

Everyday when the flights land.

Thank you very much, tip your waitresses and bartenders on the way out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!