What did Teresa Say?

A person that gets entirely worked up over something somebody says on a podcast has entirely too much time on their hands. I disagree with plenty of what gets said on podcasts that I watch, I don't always have the same sense of humour as others and sometimes that means I don't fully appreciate jokes that are made. This is life, you move on. I don't understand how people have so very much time on their hands.

The type of people who complain when they get offended says a lot more about them than it says about the subject of the complaint.

Reminds me of how South Park used to constantly "offend" people, so the creators just kept getting more and more offensive to spite the haters. And became hugely successful as a result.

Here's a thought: if you are offended, turn it off and find something more vanilla to listen to. These podcasters don't owe anyone anything. It's entertainment.

Okay everyone I feel this thread has run its course so I am going to close this thread.

Wait, I just remembered that I am not a moderator.

Never mind what I just said about closing the thread.

What did you do with our moderator? All of the sudden I thought this was Freaky Friday and Nikki was inside you. Maybe I'm just dreaming .........

wow ok, I had some things to say but I am not going to get into it too deep.
she is funny, and when we see she is on we know we're going to laugh hard and spit our drink out. Can she be touchy or something, to others. Sure. I think she's funny.
I also think all of them who do the shows for us are wonderful. They do not have to. We are lucky. Thank y, u Peat and every one.
Also- Every one has an oppion remember that and no one try and force yours on another.

A person that gets entirely worked up over something somebody says on a podcast has entirely too much time on their hands. I disagree with plenty of what gets said on podcasts that I watch, I don't always have the same sense of humour as others and sometimes that means I don't fully appreciate jokes that are made. This is life, you move on. I don't understand how people have so very much time on their hands.
yeah they are not like us busy folks who only have time to complain about the people that complain...........as for your Avatar comment? i'm afraid i cannot say the same.

The type of people who complain when they get offended says a lot more about them than it says about the subject of the complaint.

Reminds me of how South Park used to constantly "offend" people, so the creators just kept getting more and more offensive to spite the haters. And became hugely successful as a result.

Here's a thought: if you are offended, turn it off and find something more vanilla to listen to. These podcasters don't owe anyone anything. It's entertainment.
that made me remember something. many many moons ago, when podcasts were just audio, someone got really mad at them and quipped. "after all, they are just travel agents with microphones". ya just can't keep everybody happy i guess.

Nobody actually wins in this thread cuz we all have to now picture Llama in a skirt. Can he at least be Jamie Lee Curtis?

I don't really care one way or the other. I was just trying to quickly pivot the discussion away from the fact that someone had just posed the idea that Nikki was "inside" me.

But yeah, I'll take the younger one if given the choice. Lindsey Llama it is.

Okay everyone I feel this thread has run its course so I am going to close this thread.

Wait, I just remembered that I am not a moderator.

Never mind what I just said about closing the thread.
- cschaaf "you-know-what's" this post

After seeing Llama in a leather halter and mini skirt, Ryno started talking about redecorating his bedroom with posters of Lindsay Lohan

Sure, and that leaves more money for hookers so it's a win-win.

Seriously, we always stay offsite because the values are too expensive. Why pay $130/night for a tiny motel room when for $70/night we can have a 3-bedroom house?

Bingo. I also open and close the parks so for me spending just to spend on amenities I'll never use is a waste

I am always a couple of weeks late in listening to shows. I listen when I exercise--that says it all. Anyway....

I have been on this board for nearly 20 years (first login in 1999 was lost), and I've been through the pool hopping and mug refilling troll fests. However, the grief Teresa has had to face from an innocent comment is one for the ages.

For the unwashed masses who are "condemned to the values"--seriously, get over it!!

If you can afford to go to Disney in a moderate, value, or even a tent--you're better off than 99.999999% of the people of earth. You are blessed to have the ability to go to Disney. Without a doubt, you know Teresa made a throw-away comment during the show. If you have the need to be "hurt" or "offended," I will take your value room off your hands and endure the shame for you and feel like I won the lottery.

I could go on and on, but shame on you for complaining about what Teresa said.

i heard it and thought it was funny (okay, i admit it took me a minute to get it) but do remember thinking "yikes, someone is NOT going to like that comment".

if you want a totally scripted podcast with no spontaneity and hosts afraid to shoot from the hip in case they make a "mistake".... that is the only way you could possibly avoid the chance of someone possibly being offended by something.

i am sure there are people that love tony's town square and offended each and every time pete mentions it! lol! i love the joking and their chemistry together and would hate for that to go away.

i thought it was classy of her and pete to apologize. at the end of the day... feelings were hurt and she gave a genuine apology.

(((hugs))) to theresa and pete!!

If you don't want to listen I made a transcript in another posting since so many posters wanted to just on Teresa but don't even listen to the show.

T: I agree with a lot of what Kathy said. I was on property last night and the construction. It was like driving through a. you didn't know where you were.
K: It wasn't Walt Disney world
T: It wasn't Walt Disney World. There was nothing magical about it. I mean I went to three resorts last night and every one of them it was just .
P: I thought you gave that up
T: No I do still work a little *whispers* i need that extra money
P: I'm tellin' sigh
T: I'm sorry
P: I thought you stopped
T: Bay Lake really you know
P: Oh I thought you were working the All Stars
T: Oh No those people don't have money, um they're saving their money for something else, well you know never whatever. I've been thinking about this too Kathy and I think, people, a lot of my clients are just fishing and wanting information about when this new stuff is coming and they are saving their money and waiting it out.......

Some people seem to attached to the All Stars don't have money comment instead of the sex work joke. I heard it and thought it was funny so maybe I'm a bad person as well.

Thanks for typing this out! I listened to the podcast and I understand what Theresa was trying to say. My interpretation was that she was telling a sex worker joke and that the guests staying there wouldn't have enough money to pay for her line of work. I think people should lighten up. With that said, I will add my own critique and that is I don't think those sorts of jokes belong on the dis unplugged podcast. The joke wasn't very light-hearted or appropriate. I know it was a spur of the moment style joke, but maybe best if they could avoid it for next time. Just my two-cents.

So I decided to get off of Facebook because I got tired of seeing all of fighting over Trump and Nazis, so I went to a gaming message board I like to visit (don't judge, I'm a nerd).

Of course, they were all fighting over there about which gaming system is better, rather than games themselves, so I decided to come on over to the Disboards.

And what do I run into? A thread about people fighting over a joke about Teresa being a sex worker and the people at All Stars not having enough money to afford her.

Seriously people!! Not everything needs to be a debate. Not everything needs to be an argument. We have become a society of us against them; always quick to draw a line into the sand rather than to build a fire, sit in a circle and talk about it.

If you were offended by the joke, lighten up. Learn what intent is. The intention was not to tear down those who go to the all-stars, but was a joke about how much her sex services would cost (OMG, did I really just type that?).

For those who were not offended, understand that people from different perspectives could take offense to something when it comes to money and finances. It can be a sensitive topic for some. Give them grace, and just let it go.

I really need to quit the internet.

Jobie, I agree completely. I haven't understood this thread at all, shaming those that were offended. I thought Pete and Teresa did an immensely classy thing. I thought it was a FUNNY joke and Pete could have easily told people to lighten up or buzz off. But he did not, he WANTED to apologized. Teresa WANTED to apologize. I respect their decision. I want to honor the gesture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!