What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Not today but recently for my son's 35th birthday I made Lemon, Blackberry and Cheese Kolaches.

Usually near his birthday weekend is the annual Kolache festival in East Bernard, Texas and we go. They have smoked chicken, homemade sauerkraut, potato's, sausage and my Czech wife cannot explain it but for some reason they always serve canned peaches with the meat. There is also Shiner Beer and lot's of Kolaches. They cancelled this years festival so I recreated the dinner at home and made 6 dozen homemade Kolaches. They turned out pretty good!

My daughter and I have been baking a decent amount since this mess all started. Mostly box things, but sometimes souped up. This week we crowned a new favorite. Brownies with Reese's Pieces. Instant winner.

I will be baking sugar cookies for DGD's birthday party tomorrow. She will be 7 on Monday. (her parents are bringing her cake)
Also gluten free cupcakes for DD
Pizza crust for DGD's pizza. She wants a pizza and pool party for her birthday since we can't go anywhere else.

Meatloaf for dinner tonight

I like these two recipes from Jas Townsends and Son:

If you haven't seen his YouTube channel yet, you should because it's entertaining and informative.

😋

Well I just spent the last 1.5 hours watching that youtube channel!!!! Very interesting.

MJ

Trust me, his channel and products are top notch. Many people have said they will watch only one and then spend days watching them all. His YouTube updates every week with new content. It has historical recipes, product explanations, and historical demonstrations. He also does a q and a every week on a particular topic. It's one of my favorite YouTube channels. He is known for his nutmeg quotes as well. One of his best selling products are his mugs.:

https://www.townsends.us/collections/pottery/products/stoneware-tankards-p4120-p-815

https://www.townsends.us/collections/merch-store/products/nutmeg-mug-black_mg-100

I have gotten my parents the tankard mugs in the past and they absolutely love them. They make great high quality gifts. Most of his product are made in the USA so that's always good. I hope you continue to enjoy his channel and products. :happytv:

Apple cake, chocolate chip muffins and homemade pizza dough and the subsequent pizzas. We bake several times a week here. I’ve always loved it and my youngest daughter seems to have the baking gene too. She plans to be a baker.

It's 10:30 and I just finished the banana bread muffins I'd been meaning to make all day. The bananas were really on their last leg. Bonus: I baked while listening to the audiobook of The Queens of Animation: The Untild Story of the Women Who Tranaformed the World of Dianey and Made Cinematic History by Nathalia Holt.

Planned on trying to make a GF version of my mom's Hawaiian Nut Bread and Zucchini Bread recipes but got sidetracked. I guess I'll be doing that tomorrow.

Trust me, his channel and products are top notch. Many people have said they will watch only one and then spend days watching them all. His YouTube updates every week with new content. It has historical recipes, product explanations, and historical demonstrations. He also does a q and a every week on a particular topic. It's one of my favorite YouTube channels. He is known for his nutmeg quotes as well. One of his best selling products are his mugs.:

https://www.townsends.us/collections/pottery/products/stoneware-tankards-p4120-p-815

https://www.townsends.us/collections/merch-store/products/nutmeg-mug-black_mg-100

I have gotten my parents the tankard mugs in the past and they absolutely love them. They make great high quality gifts. Most of his product are made in the USA so that's always good. I hope you continue to enjoy his channel and products. :happytv:

Thank you!!!

MJ

Yogurt last night and pasta dough. I need to roll and shape the pasta dough today so we can have pasta salad tonight with dinner. Tomatoes, carrots, peppers, celery and cucumbers all from the garden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter