What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

I made another Great Depression Chocolate Cake. It’s a big hit now and so easy.

Is that the chocolate cake that has vinegar, but no milk or eggs (hence the name Depression)? I LOVE that cake, but sadly DS dislikes chocolate desserts and our kids are grown and gone. I don't dare make a whole cake for just me (although I'd be willing to eat it all).

Is that the chocolate cake that has vinegar, but no milk or eggs (hence the name Depression)? I LOVE that cake, but sadly DS dislikes chocolate desserts and our kids are grown and gone. I don't dare make a whole cake for just me (although I'd be willing to eat it all).

Yes that’s the one! We love it. I could definitely eat an entire one...:)

I made high protein muffins. I LOVE Kodiak high protein pancake mix. It has 14 grams of protein per 2 pancakes. But, I'm not always in the mood for pancakes. I've been trying to make muffins with the mix. (Kodiak actually does make muffin mixes. But, I don't want to buy a lot of different boxes. I am hoping to make the pancake mix more versatile. (Some days pancakes, other days muffins, etc.)

I tried to make muffins before with the Kodiak mix. The pancake mix alone isn't very sweet and relies on maple syrup or a sweetener. And it needs baking powder or yeast to make it puffier for muffins. Which I don't have. This time, I mixed half a cup of the pancake mix with half a cup of yellow cake mix that I had on hand. Mixed in the ingredients according to the cake mix box, plus a couple extra tablespoons of sugar and some cinnamon & vanilla. It worked! They weren't as sweet as cupcakes. Definitely muffins. I made enough for 2 muffins with about 7 gr of protein each.

Last week, I made 2 bread (one focaccia, one no knead), a batch of Rice Krispy Treats, and a batch of chocolate ice cream, with the help of DGS#2.

Today, I made a white cake with chocolate frosting. Why? Because I need something sweet.

nothing today.....but next week when school starts for the grand kids, I will be doing a baking class with them once a week. DGD is pretty good, so we can do a lot. DGS is 3, so mixes to start with.
(and DH is doing woodworking class with them)

No, although we've done that in the past at scout and daycamp. We used my ice cream maker, and Alton's recipe, except I didn't use half n half; I used heavy cream for the half n half and milk for the heavy cream. And we added chocolate chips to the almost completely churned ice cream.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chocolate-ice-cream-recipe-1916504
Next week, I'm making coffee ice cream (using real coffee beans brewed in the heavy cream) and then I'm adding some Archer Farms dark chocolate espresso trail mix.

No, although we've done that in the past at scout and daycamp. We used my ice cream maker, and Alton's recipe, except I didn't use half n half; I used heavy cream for the half n half and milk for the heavy cream. And we added chocolate chips to the almost completely churned ice cream.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chocolate-ice-cream-recipe-1916504
Next week, I'm making coffee ice cream (using real coffee beans brewed in the heavy cream) and then I'm adding some Archer Farms dark chocolate espresso trail mix.

Wow, those sound so yummy. :cloud9:

I'd like to recommend this DIS thread, below, for lots of variations on making cookies from cake mixes. I didn't post it earlier as the photos were completely removed by Photobucket. I couldn't even figure out the photos to replace them. But now Photobucket has put the photos back in with an annoying banner across the photos. But, at least the cookie photos are there enough to be seen.

Cookies from cake mixes! Also: BISCOTTI, BARS, now CUPS & POPS:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/cookies-from-cake-mixes-also-biscotti-bars-now-cups-pops.681495/

Blueberry muffins for breakfast this week for my husband and I. In a couple of days, I'll be working on chocolate chip raisin oatmeal cookies.

Another variation on SK's Jacked Up Banana Bread. It's been so warm here lately that the bananas went super ripe in a day. Used brown sugar, nuts, and what was left of a bag of dark chocolate chips (maybe 1/2 C.). DH said it's very moist and delicious! :)

Tomorrow is family lunch and pool time day.
So baked Lemon bars and S'More bars for dessert

ham and cheese cups
chocolate chip and chocolate chocolate chip mini muffins for the grand kids

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter