...What did you end up doing with your lightsabers once you got home?

Well, we got the old school ones by Star Tours. Those are used for epic battles between my son and I.

I bought the hilt display stand, at some point I'll probably wall mount them with blades in so I can actually switch them on... ideal is a combination display with light sabers and different colored crystals to swap in.

Edit: As I'm sitting here thinking of what outfit I'd wear if I want to have my lightsaber on my hip, it occurred to me that my Dr. Strange costume would be fun in terms of seeing how many people noticed what was "off" about the outfit.

Me and my best friend used to wear our old cheap hilts to the local Renaissance Faire, and staff would always humor us and peace tie them. I plan to do the same thing after we build ours in May. I’ll get cosplay use out of it too, the saber I plan to build is similar to the one my old Knights of the Old Republic character had in the game.

Me and my best friend used to wear our old cheap hilts to the local Renaissance Faire, and staff would always humor us and peace tie them. I plan to do the same thing after we build ours in May. I’ll get cosplay use out of it too, the saber I plan to build is similar to the one my old Knights of the Old Republic character had in the game.
I've half thought about doing an actual Jedi cosplay around it, but since I don't have time to invest in that right now I'm just going to mismatch it with costumes that shouldn't have a lightsaber but suddenly do. I love the idea of taking it to the Ren Faire!

Bumping for an extended update! I might do this one day with my son where do you guys have them displayed in your house too?

We don't have our blades permanently attached, but we have the hilts displayed on top of one of our display cases.

I
We don't have our blades permanently attached, but we have the hilts displayed on top of one of our display cases.
I have not built one so I dont know how this works.
Is this a choice when you are building it? I am thinking about a way to display for a birthday gift... I found a few on etsy.
They also have wooden boxes and wall mounts.
Should I buy one with for the whole thing?

Attachments

• il_680x540.2157324122_wbc5.jpg
    il_680x540.2157324122_wbc5.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 30
We haven't made one yet at Savi's, but we have several lightsabers at home, and have 4 displayed along the wall by our stairs. straight up, staggered w the stairs. I hope to add to the collection soon, not sure if we'll do the Savi's build, (would be fun!) but maybe pick up a couple (like Ahsoka's) at Dok Ondar's.

I
I have not built one so I dont know how this works.
Is this a choice when you are building it? I am thinking about a way to display for a birthday gift... I found a few on etsy.
They also have wooden boxes and wall mounts.
Should I buy one with for the whole thing?
The blades twist off. So it's not so much an option as it is simply something you can do with it. We like the blades, but we don't attach them if we aren't going to mess around with them.

My Savi’s experience was just the very start of what has now become a very expensive Lightsaber collecting hobby! I got my Savi’s saber in November 2019 and since then I have collected a further 18 sabers. Nearly all of them NeoPixel (to the uninitiated: colour changing, sound on every swing sabers). My collection is worth in the range of ~$10k now.

All because of Savi’s. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
I enjoy switching the crystals out, turning off the lights and swinging them around lol. I love the sound effects—the white crystal, in particular, is kind of calming and hypnotic.

It always baffles me when people ask “what do you DO with them, though?” I mean, the possibilities are endless:

1. Use it as a flashlight when you go in the basement, like Rey in TROS

2. If you have a nephew who is a Kylo Ren fan, stand over him in his sleep and ignite the lightsaber. When he wakes up, inform him what his fate would have been as Ben Solo

3. Ponder your component choices and what they say about your personality

4. If you have more than one, see if you can mix and match the parts

5. Tai chi

6. If you have an artistic bent, weather the pieces

7. If you have an engineering bent, see if you can make a kyber crystal that lights up a different color

8. When someone gets home late at night, just be standing there in the dark and ignite the lightsaber for dramatic effect

9. Wear the hilt as part of a costume on the Galactic Starcruiser

10. Show it to your friends to convince them they should visit Galaxy’s Edge

And so on and so forth . . .

I have mine on a shelf in my home office. The picture shows a combination of Legacy lightsabers, FX lightsabers, and Savi's (on the far left). They are just to the left of my computer desk, so that they are always within reach. What do I DO with them? ... uh... fiddle around? During a break, I'll pop in a blade and swish around a lightsaber. During a meeting (no video!), I'll use the hilt like a fidget toy. I'm basically just living the dream of my 9 year old self.

I also try NOT to think about how much money is sitting on that shelf. 🤯

lightsabers.jpeg

If you're wondering... from left to right: Savi Elemental, Rey Legacy, Mace Windu Legacy, Darksaber FX, eFX Luke v2 Stunt, eFX Luke Stunt, Luke Legacy, Rey/Luke Fx that I bought at Tatooine Traders, Ahsoka Legacy.

planning to mount it on the wall, but not for a couple of years until I move out of my condo. I should get another so i can cross them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!