What Dining Reservation is your Nemesis?

scrappinginontario

I'm sure nobody will be surprised when I say that 'Ohana is the one I just can't get.

I was online at 7am right at the 180 day mark and yet nothing unless I was willing to book 9pm or later. That just doesn't work for our family.

I've searched for it literally hundreds of times in the past 3 months and yet it still alludes me. I have a few days we could fit it into our plans but nope, not to be found. We're a family of 2 so I've searched for 2, 3 and even 4 people but no, just can't get a reservation.....yet. Still trying!!!

I have a couple of reservation finders set up on Touring Plans and even though they've alerted me to a vacancy and I've gone one within seconds of getting the alert, another lucky guest has snagged it before I got to it.

What dining reservation is alluding you?

For my trip in December the week of 12/9-12/15 it seems to be Hollywood and Vine. I am sure it’s because of the seasonal costumes of the characters, but it has been a hard one to even get a reservation finder hit on.

I am hoping fastpass avliability for toy story land make some times open at the 60 day mark.

I managed to get all the ones I wanted at 180 days, but when the BOG prix fixe menu was released I (stupidly) cancelled it and moved to California Grill. Now I want to go another night and I can’t get a time that I’m happy with, so I’m kicking myself for cancelling a great reservation.

Fingers crossed that you can get Ohana!

Honestly none. There is nowhere I have to eat. I have lots of favorites but nothing that is in
Super high demand

It’s interesting to hear what others are looking for.

For us we try new places each trip but others are ones we enjoy going to and it’s like a tradition.

That being daus, Akershus breakfast was a tradition for us for years but we’ve taken a break lately and are trying new places. One new one for us will be the Garden Grill for breakfast.

Hope you can get your Hollywood and Vine @sking5844 and also a new BoG @Tigger in a kilt!

I managed to get all the ones I wanted at 180 days, but when the BOG prix fixe menu was released I (stupidly) cancelled it and moved to California Grill. Now I want to go another night and I can’t get a time that I’m happy with, so I’m kicking myself for cancelling a great reservation.

Fingers crossed that you can get Ohana!
Cali Grill is to die for. I got BOG and kinda wish I didn't as all the reviews since the prix fixe switch are not great. But I booked a Coral Reef candlelight processional though we wanted Chefs De France but since I had BOG the night before...I thought Chefs would be redundant so we went with Coral Reef. Your CG isn't Dec 19th is it? (we could trade)

Also have a TP finder in for the Cali Grill Sunday brunch but doubt it will come through. Didn't even know about that brunch until friends told us about a month ago. So that will be my new nemesis.

Ohana...we get a decent time about 50% of the time....we go a lot and that's one I book first thing at 180+10 day window and go right to the end of our trip.

I will say the only one I have never seen is BOG on MDE.

If I see something that is really hard to get on my travel dates I usually snag it and if plans change post in on here. It has helped other DIS'ers and vice versa.
This year I coordinated with someone and they were able to get my Akershus reservation.
And luckily another DIS'er had an Ohana reservation which we were also able to coordinate so I got Ohana that way.

The only two I would like to try and never seem to be able to get out Be Our Guest and Sci Fi Theater.

This year I was able to snag Garden Grill dinner (not sure how good it is but have the DDP) and I grabbed two reservations to 50s Primetime Cafe. One I will end up dropping.

Cali Grill is to die for. I got BOG and kinda wish I didn't as all the reviews since the prix fixe switch are not great. But I booked a Coral Reef candlelight processional though we wanted Chefs De France but since I had BOG the night before...I thought Chefs would be redundant so we went with Coral Reef. Your CG isn't Dec 19th is it? (we could trade)

Also have a TP finder in for the Cali Grill Sunday brunch but doubt it will come through. Didn't even know about that brunch until friends told us about a month ago. So that will be my new nemesis.

Ohana...we get a decent time about 50% of the time....we go a lot and that's one I book first thing at 180+10 day window and go right to the end of our trip.

California Grill looks amazing - we are going there twice for dinner and once for brunch (it’s a 4 week trip). I suspect I may drop my quest for dinner at BOG once we have been there once!

The only thing I'm still impatiently trying for is Pizzafari Family-Style. Still no dates released beyond the initial offering. With less than 6 weeks left on that, they really need to either add dates or just tell us it's ending.

This time my nemesis has been Cinderella's Royal Table. I was on in the morning of my 180 day and it was the first one I went after. It's a party day so I was trying for an early dinner. Thinking they weren't released then and I probably missed it when they were even though I feel like I've checked nonstop. We've been before so I know it's OK, but it was disappointing. This November trip has been harder to find reservations than I'm used to, I guess because of free dining.

Don’t have a nemesis, just time isn’t always what I was looking for. I find this is the best way to obtain popular reservations.

I must have been lucky... I'm planning my first trip ever & managed to get all the ones I wanted. I'm sure there are a lot of popular places for Disney Experts like DIS veterans that I just didn't consider or wasn't interested to visit this time :) Since we wanted to remain in the parks as much time as possible, we didn't pick any places at the resorts (except for dinner on arrival day). Surely I'd love to add Cali Grill when I go to WDW next time!

im trying to flip my departure day breakfast with day prior and just can't get it. I'm told to keep trying - and I have 40 days + 10 while there so im just keeping my fingers crossed something comes up :)

None now. For the longest time it was the Plaza in the MK. But this last time I finally got an ADR and got to eat there. However, I’m on a low salt diet, and the chef couldn’t speak English well so we couldn’t understand each other. I think he thought I said “low flavor”-salad with no dressing or any taste. But he may have thought that’s what I asked for. Regardless, one and done for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts