What do I do with my phone during rides?

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
My DH and I plan to bring our cellphones into the parks at WDW with us (as I'm sure most do) but I don't know what to do with it or any other personal valuables during rides

We need to bring our passports with us on our first park day because we are using the Canadian resident special offer tickets so these especially need to be kept secure during our first park day.

1)Do people bring a small purse with them? If so, any specific recommendations?
2) Are small purses allowed on rides?
3)Is there a place to store belongings during the ride that the CMs keep track of?

Many thanks :)

I bring a small crossbody purse, just big enough for my ID, 1 credit card, phone, & lip gloss. I have clip that goes on the outside for hand sanitizer. My DH puts his phone in his pocket & carries a backpack. You can bring your purse on all the rides except FOP. Most rides have a little net basket to put personal items in (in the ride buggy/car that you’re sitting in), but since mine is a crossbody & small, I never take it off. Sometimes I rotate to my back to keep it in place. There are also lockers you can rent at the front of the parks.

I bring either a small backpack or crossbody with me. They're allowed on rides. You'll have to take them off on a ride like Soarin and put them in a cubby behind you.

We all bring a small backpack. Perfect to keep id, rain poncho, water bottle, sun screen, phone, snacks, park map, bandaids etc.

crossbody bag for me......id, phone, Magic Band attached, water bottle, camera, and several other things

I use a wristlet for my phone, ID, money, credit cards, etc. it’s easy to hold onto during a ride and I prefer that to having something over my neck.

Bring a purse or backpack. (I like Vera Bradley and Kipling crossbody purses)
You can bring them on all attractions.
CM's will not keep track of your belongings.
Rent a locker if you don't feel comfortable brining a bag onto the attractions.

I got a small, cheap crossbody bag from Amazon as my park bag. It holds ID, credit cards, cash, phone, and something small like lip balm with sunscreen in the shape of a thin lipstick tube. I can hook sunglasses on the outside. Since it fits pretty flat against my side, I wear it on most rides.

I bought a belt case for my phone from my local flea market for $5. Does the trick very nicely. Of course, this wouldn't work so well if you don't wear a belt.

I also use a crossbody bag. I prefer the LeSportSac Cleo crossbody bags. They are lightweight, hold up well if it rains and can hold quite a lot (I can get 3 ponchos in there!). I really like the crossbodies as I can keep them across my shoulder on most rides and just put the bag part in my lap (I'm always afraid I will forget my bag if I put it in the storage area on the ride). Crossbodies also make my items more easily accessible than a back pack. If you really don't want to carry things around, you can rent a locker in every park. CM's will not watch your items for you.

I wear pants with zipped pockets. That's where the phone, tissue, and lip gloss stay. My phone has a cover that holds my ID, and couple of credit cards.

people bring all sorts of bags from fanny packs (my MIL insists they are back in style) to back packs. There are really no issues with bring a bag on any rides. The only issues would be rides where you might get wet (splash or kali river, but a disposable poncho works well). I even went on rockin roller coaster with a back pack (put on the ground and straps wrapped around my legs). I usually travel with a back pack, because kids are always hungry or thirsty, so essential to travel with a few items. My last trip was just adults so i was able to get by with a smaller pocket book that i strapped across my body and it had room for my cell phone and somewhat stuff a water bottle in it.

If you want something small then just look for a small pocket book with a long strap that you can put on cross body. One that you can only put over one shoulder might become more of an annoyance so a cross body works well, just strap it on across you and go about your day. Depending upon what time of year you are going you might want to keep a water bottle with you, so a slightly larger cross body would work well for cell phones and a drink.

I bring either a small backpack or crossbody with me. They're allowed on rides. You'll have to take them off on a ride like Soarin and put them in a cubby behind you.
Just to clarify. The only ride where you put bags in a cubby BEHIND you is FOP. Most rides have storage right in the ride vehicle with you.
I bring a cross body bag.
CM’s will not be responsible for your valuables.

I want to offer a note to anyone using an unbuttoned shirt pocket, which is where I put my phone for Soarin'. After the ride I was bending over to get DW's bag out of the basket under the seat and the phone slipped out and hit the hard floor. RIP phone.

I really want to thank you for asking this question, and regardless of the means of storage the correct answer is that phones should always be stowed away out of sight. I can't tell you how many times we've seen someone taking pictures or trying to video their rides using a phone - which can be quite distracting.

Bring a bag that suits you best. Whatever you’d be comfortable carrying all day. I personally use a small sling backpack that I got from eBay for about $6. We had to have our passports the first day too and I had zero concerns about their security in this bag.

As pps have stated folks bring bags of all shapes and sizes. Wristlet, crossbody, backpacks. Anything goes, unless it’s pulled behind you. This past trip I saw a particularly large amount of ginormous military type backpacks which kind of blew my mind (side note: avoid getting behind these in the bag check lines).

There are spaces for bags on rides. I always carry a shoulder bag, and often a wide-brimmed hat, as well, and have no problems storing them on any ride. Just remember to take everything with you after the ride.

Good that you are thinking about where to put things... on your first day especially! Last trip my room was not ready when I arrived at noon. So I was fine with leaving my bags with bell services. However, they said they could not keep ANY valuables.... they asked me to remove and money, jewelry, iPads, etc from the bags before they would take them. So I had to step to the side and "rearrange" some things into my backpack! It was a pain! I'd never had them tell me that before and I've left just about everything with them before on our last day (not my wallet or passport). I was just a bit confused because if you have things in your checked luggage on the plane and they hold that, why not this? Maybe because they bring it to your room?? not sure?
Anyway.... you might need a backpack vs. a small cross body if leaving your luggage at Bell services till the room is ready.

The ONLY place I would ever be caught wearing a fanny pack is in Disney! Love it there, and when we get home it stays right in my luggage. I have tried cross body bags but to me it's really annoying. The fanny pack is right I front of me to grab whatever I want and then zip it back up again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter