What do I do with my phone during rides?

The ONLY place I would ever be caught wearing a fanny pack is in Disney! Love it there, and when we get home it stays right in my luggage. I have tried cross body bags but to me it's really annoying. The fanny pack is right I front of me to grab whatever I want and then zip it back up again.
So glad I'm not the only one!! I have an old Vera that is a crossbody that converts to a fanny pack and it's my "Disney park bag"! I agree... a crossbody is very annoying!

Backpack, small purse, or pockets with a button or zipper. But, i can say 80% of disney rides i would not be concerned about my phone in a regular pocket. I find a small crossbody bag works well for me, because you can pretty much keep it on with most restraints if its tiny and sits by your hip.

So I was fine with leaving my bags with bell services. However, they said they could not keep ANY valuables.... they asked me to remove and money, jewelry, iPads, etc from the bags before they would take them.

That is completely weird. They even have a cage where they put things like backpacks with laptops, so I don’t know why they did that. What resort?

Use a bag that is small and lightweight - purses, sling bags, backpack. Go with comfort for you as it is a long day. I use one with a padded pocket for my phone - as I have lost sunglasses and phone screen to not having them protected from impact over the years (this would be coasters only - most of the rides are easy enough that damage is not a concern). Also a ziploc bag for water rides is a good idea - and can have other uses throughout the day.

My DH and I plan to bring our cellphones into the parks at WDW with us (as I'm sure most do) but I don't know what to do with it or any other personal valuables during rides

We need to bring our passports with us on our first park day because we are using the Canadian resident special offer tickets so these especially need to be kept secure during our first park day.

1)Do people bring a small purse with them? If so, any specific recommendations?
2) Are small purses allowed on rides?
3)Is there a place to store belongings during the ride that the CMs keep track of?

Many thanks :)

I have a small backpack that I have brought on many trips all over the world, including Disney World. It's a Baggalini backpack, the exact model I have is no longer made but it's very similar to this one https://www.baggallini.com/crossbody/messenger-bagg/MES160-BG.html

I've brought it on rides with me and it's never been a problem. For Soarin and Star Tours I put in under my seat. For RocknRollerCoaster I put it in the little pocket in front. On other rides where there is nothing like that, I just hold on to it tight! ;)

Sometimes when I want to go even lighter, I just put my phone in my pocket. But I've worn pants specifically made for hiking/traveling to the parks so the pockets have plenty of room for that.

If all you need is your phone and credit cards, then I'd recommend one of those phone cases where it has a sleeve for your cards. That way you don't need to go through bag check! If you need some type of purse or backpack, try to keep it small with as few pockets/sections as possible and that way security can go through it faster.

But we bring our belongings on all of the rides and do not have any concern. I don't think we even take off our glasses/hats on most rides, so things in pockets should be all set!

I use a SPIbelt. I typically carry my driver’s license, insurance card, a credit card, my AP, TiW Card, and $20 in it. I also put my phone in it on rides (or at all times if I don’t have pockets).

I use a Vera Bradley wallet or the small pouch - not sure the name ;) it has a wristlet that I loop around my belt loop and then it goes into my pocket. On a cooler day or if it looks like rain I have a Disney "string bag" and it holds a raincoat or umbrella, windbreaker and maybe even gloves!

OT - and you probably know this but ... if you want to have an "adult drink" be sure to have either your passport with you or a photo of it on your phone in addition to your ID after that first day. I have seen many international travelers caught unaware that were obviously old enough to have a drink but the bartender couldn't serve!

No rides at Disney are rough enough to mean you can’t bring small/medium bags with you! Flight of passage has cubby’s behind the ride and Mission Space has compartments that close. But even coasters like Space Mountain or Expedition Everest are good to have bags in the row with you!

If you head to Universal, they do have more intense rides where you can’t bring bags or phones (they use metal detectors to make sure you don’t bring anything). But for those they have free lockers outside for you to use.

That is completely weird. They even have a cage where they put things like backpacks with laptops, so I don’t know why they did that. What resort?
It was PO-Riverside. I thought it was weird too! Especially since I'd left all my bags at other resorts. Maybe they had a recent issue?? Who knows? But the woman working Bell services that day was adamant about not leaving even my iPad mini or any jewelry at all!!

My DH and I plan to bring our cellphones into the parks at WDW with us (as I'm sure most do) but I don't know what to do with it or any other personal valuables during rides

We need to bring our passports with us on our first park day because we are using the Canadian resident special offer tickets so these especially need to be kept secure during our first park day.

3)Is there a place to store belongings during the ride that the CMs keep track of?

I am using one of these from Bentley (Canadian store):
https://www.shopbentley.com/en/cata...1/s/tracker-en-1001217/category/64/?color=293

It's a sling bag that you can change the shoulder you wear it on.

It was PO-Riverside. I thought it was weird too! Especially since I'd left all my bags at other resorts. Maybe they had a recent issue?? Who knows? But the woman working Bell services that day was adamant about not leaving even my iPad mini or any jewelry at all!!
That makes no sense. How would they know what you left in there to refuse to accept it, or not? If they ask, and you want to leave it wherever it is, do. Just say nope, nothing in there of importance. That's all they NEED to know. if you ask me
I've stayed at POR and they've never said a word about it. I think you just got a CM with a strange request, not a policy change.

Yes they do. As well as backpacks or fanny packs. No recommendations. You should look for something that is comfortable for you to carry and a style you like.
Yes.
For the most part, you are responsible for your belongings. There are few exceptions, like Soarin' where large backpacks will not fit under the seat and therefore placed off to the side.

See my comments above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter