What Do I Do ?

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
Jan. 08 we made ressies at The Fort for Jan. 09, about a month ago I cancelled the ressie. Got my Mastercard statement in and instead of a credit it was put on as another debit. I called Disney and they say they put it in as a credit/refund. Mastercard says no they didn't. Mastercard sent me a form to fill out to get this recent charge back, but even if I get this back I'm still out the original credit I was suppose to get. Also usually charges and credits to disney come up as Disney rsrvtns/tkts this charge came up from WDP&R resort reserv, even the disney people couldn't tell me who that was. :confused3 :mad:

Any suggestions?

i would fill out two, one for the charge that was made the debit and one for the debit that never came off

fight it sister...don't let them win...

I may have missed something, but, why would you be out the original credit? Unless I'm reading it wrong or don't understand, it is their mistake? Definitely fight them both.

Jan. 08 we made ressies at The Fort for Jan. 09, about a month ago I cancelled the ressie. Got my Mastercard statement in and instead of a credit it was put on as another debit. I called Disney and they say they put it in as a credit/refund. Mastercard says no they didn't. Mastercard sent me a form to fill out to get this recent charge back, but even if I get this back I'm still out the original credit I was suppose to get. Also usually charges and credits to disney come up as Disney rsrvtns/tkts this charge came up from WDP&R resort reserv, even the disney people couldn't tell me who that was. :confused3 :mad:

Any suggestions?

i think that stands for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts; someone obviously made a mistake. i've noticed this happening when i get charged for the internet kit. it goes in as 125 charge and then when i get the statement and turn the kit in, it shows as 125 + and 125-. those wipe each other out but the charge is still an add'l 125. somehow it adds up right when i total it. very confusing. you should call and ask for a manager, don't let them go unaware, maybe someone needs retrained. good luck!

Maybe you can fax your credit card statement to someone at Disney to show that you were charged twice! You definitely need to get your money back!

Dispute the charge with your credit card company - it's a fraudulent charge

I may have missed something, but, why would you be out the original credit? Unless I'm reading it wrong or don't understand, it is their mistake? Definitely fight them both.

Charged first time for X amount
Credit came through as charge instead of credit so charged twice
credit card wants form for second charge that should be credit
This is only crediting the second charge, not making the second a credit
leaves you with the original charge still on the card.

Shorter Version.
Should have one charge and one credit that would cancel each other.
After form will have two charges and one credit
Still left with one charge that shouldn't be there.

So today I was gonna call WDW to put up a stink. I first checked with my MC to see if anything had changed. I have 2 credits for the correct amounts, so we are now even. :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter