What do people dislike about BOG??

Heading down to GF May with wife and kids 20 and 17. We ate at BOG 2 years ago for both a lunch and a dinner. My daughter has loved Beauty and the Beast since she was a kid so that's why we got reservations. Have ADRs again for both a lunch and a dinner this time. Was reading the best/worst thread and there were a lot of "worsts" for BOG. It wasn't our favorite restaurant but the food was decent and the atmosphere made up for the lack of top notch food. But I am curious if something has changed or quality has declined. any opinions appreciated.

I ate at BOG for lunch last summer and it was "ok." The ambiance, decorations, and the overall experience of getting to dine in a castle for a quick service meal is what made it worth it. I ordered the braised pork and my boyfriend ordered the famous croque monsieur. Mine was barely warm and it was just alright. The croque monsieur was actually really good, but you're paying $15 for a basic sandwich and fries. That being said, I've got another lunch reservation booked for our upcoming trip this summer. We always do the quick service dining plan, so BOG makes us feel like we are actually getting table service. Like I said, the experience of dining in Beast's castle is the fun of it. I'm going to try something new from the menu this time because I wasn't impressed with the food last time. Be sure to pre-order ahead of time!!! It will save you so much time because that place gets insanely packed, especially in peak seasons.

We’ve only had dinner and rather than Columbia Harbor House we didn’t have a single meal that wasn’t wonderful on our last trip. If you want a quiet time look for a later reservation. It adds the ambiance as the castle is emptier and therefore quieter. We ate at 10:30pm and it was the best experience ever. Our food was absolutely delicious. My husband got the pot roast and I got the chicken. I remember the strawberry cupcake most of all. It was divine.

Uh oh. I always hear great things about Columbia Harbor House, and I planned to try it this summer... What was your experience?

I haven’t read all of the responses but I will tell you that I have had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there several times.

I love the atmosphere in general.

I like that at breakfast and lunch I can preorder and have a more relaxing quick service meal ina nicer atmosphere than a typical QS restaurant. I think the food at breakfast is okay. It is overpriced for what you get (which is typical at Disney and other theme parks). I think the lunch food is meh although the turkey sandwich is my husband’s favorite sandwich of all time.
I think their kids’ menu is pretty lacking for lunch and dinner. There’s no chicken finger/hot dog/pizza type food for the kids. I know many kids enjoy eating meatloaf, but for our kids, it’s a no go.

I like meeting beast at dinner and idk what they do but dinner atmosphere definitely feels more upscale to me than lunch.

Finally, this will be a super unpopular opinion, but I’ve tried the gray stuff- not so delicious. All of the desserts that I’ve tried are meh.

Overall, I kind of dislike much of the menu at all three meals. I do love the atmosphere though!

Finally, this will be a super unpopular opinion, but I’ve tried the gray stuff- not so delicious. All of the desserts that I’ve tried are meh.

I agree 100%. My kids picked some fancy looking desserts. My 3 year old got the pink one with polka dots and my 6 year old got the chocolate one with the wafer printed with Be Our Guest on it. They both hated their choices. I got the Grey Stuff and didn't finish it. It's a one and done for us.

We've been dining at BoG since they opened. Lunch has gone downhill IMO, but mainly because they took away my favorite options and stopped warming up the sandwiches that really were much better served warm. I know they changed the roast beef sandwich since we were there last so I'm not sure if that was an improvement or not.

Dinner has always been excellent for us and that hasn't changed. In particular, the pork loin has been really over the top delicious every trip. They have changed the sides and sauces it comes with a few times, but it's always been very good. Tender melt in your mouth texture and very tasty flavors on the plate. I can't remember what all my husband had tried, but I know he ordered the steak and thought it was very good.

I'm not sure if it's just off nights when others are there or if all the dishes aren't as equally good, but we've never had a bad experience here for dinner. Service has been top notch as well.

ETA: Our only disappointment here has been the desserts. They aren't bad, but they aren't that great either.

Thanks all....after much debate my daughter wins..we are going back for the theming.
The theme is beautiful. I've only been for lunch, and I enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere. I have friends who have been for dinner several times and loved it. No complaints at all. And these are recent trips too. Enjoy your visit! ;)

I agree 100%. My kids picked some fancy looking desserts. My 3 year old got the pink one with polka dots and my 6 year old got the chocolate one with the wafer printed with Be Our Guest on it. They both hated their choices. I got the Grey Stuff and didn't finish it. It's a one and done for us.

I agree with you and @MarBee. The desserts here aren't good. We always skip and do a sundae later on Main Street if we're up for it. Much better value and taste for around the same price. The "new" grey stuff was better than the old one, but it was still just ok at best.

I ate at BOG for lunch last summer and it was "ok." The ambiance, decorations, and the overall experience of getting to dine in a castle for a quick service meal is what made it worth it. I ordered the braised pork and my boyfriend ordered the famous croque monsieur. Mine was barely warm and it was just alright. The croque monsieur was actually really good, but you're paying $15 for a basic sandwich and fries. That being said, I've got another lunch reservation booked for our upcoming trip this summer. We always do the quick service dining plan, so BOG makes us feel like we are actually getting table service. Like I said, the experience of dining in Beast's castle is the fun of it. I'm going to try something new from the menu this time because I wasn't impressed with the food last time. Be sure to pre-order ahead of time!!! It will save you so much time because that place gets insanely packed, especially in peak seasons.

Well, maybe my opinion isn't popular: it's a quick service and priced pretty much in line with all the other quick service locations in the parks, and with a better atmosphere (real plates, food brought to you, etc). A $15 basic sandwich and fires is pretty normal in WDW and also at any restaurant where I live, so I really don't think it's too expensive. I like it, but won't go out of my way to eat there (same as every other restaurant in WDW...I just don't think the food is that great at any of them)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter