What Do You Collect?

Hi

I collect animation art books (preferably signed). I've got over 100 books including most of the recent art of books such as Moana, Zootopia etc that I've had sent over from the US to the UK.

Also got quite a few limited edition prints by various artists.

I collect original cells. Also have some of the original ticket books from Disneyland (including E tickets), I collect old figurines (most of which were purchased in Disneyland 1955-1985) I have a personalized signature from Walt, we spent an evening at the table next to him listening to Count Basie and having an ongoing conversation with him. I have a drawing of Mickey drawn by Roy, from the original Mouseketeers (the counterpart of Jimmy) signed to me by him. Old books and postcards, several of the maps starting with the first one we picked up maybe in 56 on up to the late 80's. I also have the usual souvenirs specific to each attraction, purchased in the year the attraction opened at Disneyland. I have some very old toys (face it I AM OLD Too LOL), many watches of all ages and my limited edition numbered music boxes with scenes from the Disney Movies. I'm a collector for sure and have purchased most all of mine from Disneyland or received them as gifts for the past 60+ years.

I collect original cells. Also have some of the original ticket books from Disneyland (including E tickets), I collect old figurines (most of which were purchased in Disneyland 1955-1985) I have a personalized signature from Walt, we spent an evening at the table next to him listening to Count Basie and having an ongoing conversation with him. I have a drawing of Mickey drawn by Roy, from the original Mouseketeers (the counterpart of Jimmy) signed to me by him. Old books and postcards, several of the maps starting with the first one we picked up maybe in 56 on up to the late 80's. I also have the usual souvenirs specific to each attraction, purchased in the year the attraction opened at Disneyland. I have some very old toys (face it I AM OLD Too LOL), many watches of all ages and my limited edition numbered music boxes with scenes from the Disney Movies. I'm a collector for sure and have purchased most all of mine from Disneyland or received them as gifts for the past 60+ years.

Wow! That's some collection. Well jealous of the Walt & Roy items - they are super special.

I managed to find all of the Sketchbook series books so they are probably my most prized possessions along with a construction Mickey from Hong Kong Disneyland. As far as I know they only gave them to some of the senior contractors involved in the development of the park so there aren't many about. I went there the week the park opened so wanted something super special to remind me of that.

I have a couple of John R Wright bears but they aren't Disney as well as Steiff bears. Also used to collect Real Musgrave Pocket Dragons so have probably close to 150 of those - almost all of them signed as used to drag my parents...then boyfriend..now husband along to signing events. Real is retired now and doesn't come over to the UK as often so had to diversify and always loved animation art...

Thankfully DH knows what I'm like and puts up with it and DD (7) will get the lot so she can look after them or sell when I'm no longer here!

Hi

I collect animation art books (preferably signed). I've got over 100 books including most of the recent art of books such as Moana, Zootopia etc that I've had sent over from the US to the UK.

Also got quite a few limited edition prints by various artists.

I love those books! I have Brave, Frozen and Moana. I really want to get Tangled as well.

I love those books! I have Brave, Frozen and Moana. I really want to get Tangled as well.

Nucleus Gallery in Alhambra, California are great as they have a lot of artist signing events and will ship internationally - bought a fair number of books from them over the last few years. Another place is Stuart NG books (though their shipping is higher) but worth a look.

And ebay - though can be hit and miss there at times. Managed to collect all of the sketchbook series which are out of print.

I collect Cars & Planes merchandise as well as Tsum tsums, Disney themed tees, and Disney movie posters. The tsums are my favorites. Everyone says I have too many:jumping1:

I collect the Dave Perillo travel series of prints, the Marvel graphic novels/comics of parks stuff (e.g. figment) and pins! Specifically working on my collection of Mascot pins!

Disney watches, statues and coffee mugs. Although my collecting hasn't been what it used to be years ago. I love my watches but just can't find any unique styles anymore.

The Castle Collection castle ornament, pins, and journal (everything but the puzzle!) and some of the Minnie Mouse ears. I think some of them are kind of awful so I don't need the whole collection thankfully!

I’m a full time student so I have to be pretty cautious of what I spend, but I collect a lot of Frozen merchandise! Mugs, the art books, bags, some plush, etc.

Pins. Lots of pins.
Pop! figures of the Disney princesses
Retro WDW posters and park maps as posters
WDW scenery photos (like the monorail, Main Street, Haunted Mansion)

...I actually have a neat collection of die cast WDW toy ride vehicles, like the different WDW buses, the parking lot tram, the monorail, Test Track ride car (old and new), and my absolute favorite: a die cast toy replica of the Rock and Rollercoaster limo ride vehicle. I wish I had a plastic coaster track to put it on! (for display purposes) Oh and of course I have a die cast Minnie Van and a Skyliner car

Oh, and I have a full set of the Starbucks WDW mugs from all 4 parks and the two Florida Universal Parks.

I'm SO curious to know what you guys collect, that's Disney related of course! Is it movies, pins, stuffed animals, etc. Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see some of the stuff you guys have!
Well we have a ton of Tsum Tsums pining away in my daughter’s closet & now she has dust mite allergies! I may have gotten carried away & bought many, many even after she had no interest. :oops: I am currently buying a few Pandora Disney beads on EBay. Not a great idea as many are reported to be fakes. Obsessed with the Mary Poppins collection. Would love to create a bracelet I saw a sample of somewhere online. I do have a nice set of”real ones” that I bought in the parks or on shop Disney. My favorite is probably Dumbo. Well made & super cute! My best story on these is an Alice in a teacup I have, that I got with a gift card I was given at WDW for opting out of mousekeeping! A $60 value. Best Disney deal I ever got. Lastly & probably my favorite collection are Vera Bradley Disney bags. I was unable to get them in the parks when they first came out; they flew off the shelves & were initially only available at “Downtown Disney.” Then a few popped up in park stores, but were so pricey. I adore the original hipster style: all cotton, inside and out. Super cute contrasting prints. Searching for a perfect Disney Dreaming. Where I’m going with all these VB Disney hipsters remains to be seen:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!