What do you miss?

I miss sitting on the verandah with a cup of coffee in the morning and a glass of wine in the evening (okay, afternoon). I miss the food, the characters, the trivia games, the tastings, the shows, and the grandeur of the ship. I miss talking to fellow passengers over a cocktail. I miss the crew members - we have met so many wonderful people from all over the world.

I miss walking on deck 4 real early in the morning & getting a whiff of the beautiful ocean & watching the sunrise... I usually walk 3-5 K's in the mornings and before going to bed at night.
Also, naps. I'm a serial napper on the ships. No better feeling than a nap with the verandah door open in the middle of the afternoon after a hearty lunch at cabanas.

It's not specific to DCL or cruising. I miss the freedom of ALL travel - exploring new places, eating delicious food, meeting interesting people. I also miss not having to worry about getting sick, getting someone else sick - travel is kind of weird now. I do miss looking at the ocean, Mickey Bars, and the characters though. :)

The planning, anticipation. The excitement the night before the cruise. The hit of relaxation as I step on the gangway. Walking on deck 4 in the morning on a sea day and the sound of the waves. Ordering a glass of champagne anywhere on the ship. No cooking, cleaning... I could go on... ❤ 😂

I miss a lot. I miss walking deck 4 in the am while DH enjoys sleeping in. I miss tasting classes. I miss trivia. DH misses the bars and the different bartenders he always makes friends with. I miss the planning. We have a 10 day Iceland cruise next July, hoping it will happen. But also have a 4 day double dip March 2022. That one should happen.

Boarding and hearing your name called out
Day 1 lunch at Cabanas
Sitting in the deck chairs on the Promenade deck looking out over the ocean
Castaway Cay
Pizza and chocolate chip cookies at 11pm
Disney's Believe

Is it strange to say the anticipation and planning? The having something to look forward to doing.

I agree. The anticipation, planning and excitement created in our FB groups have been more enjoyable than a few of our cruises.

Another thing I miss is, sitting in the adult area outside the Cove Cafe on the Fantasy watching the ocean go by having a drink listing to the music eating as many chicken fingers as I want.

I miss walking around the ship in the early mornings when no one else is around enjoying the quiet, while taking pictures with no one in the background.

I miss coming up over the hill on the 528 and seeing the ship in the distance.

I miss walking into the check in hall and seeing all the activity of the family's getting ready to go on their cruise.

I miss the crew and cast members we know and the ones we will make friends with over the next week.

I miss (and likely am going to miss for the foreseeable future) tablemates. It seems highly probable that as we speak, Disney is re-configuring the dining rooms to be single-family tables. We have kids and usually eating out means DH and I spend the whole time managing the kids and not getting in any conversation or relaxation. On our Disney cruises, we were always paired with another family with kids, so the kids would be thick as thieves down on one end of the table talking among themselves, while the adults got to take a break and have conversations with other grown-ups for a change! We met this really lovely couple from Canada on our last cruise and we were always close to the last ones out of the dining room because we enjoyed each other's company so much.

The other day I was thinking about how much I miss hearing Disney music in the hallways. That is something I really love and miss. Stepping outside the cabin and hearing Disney music playing in the halls and the stairways. And I really love how it changes on Pirate Night or during the Holidays.

I also really miss that feeling of walking around the ship early morning or late at night when there aren't as many people about yet and it is so quiet and empty. It feels so relaxing and calm.

Just a few random things I really miss experiencing. Anyone else have anything they miss about DCL?

I miss sitting on the verandah with a cup of coffee in the morning and a glass of wine in the evening (okay, afternoon). I miss the food, the characters, the trivia games, the tastings, the shows, and the grandeur of the ship. I miss talking to fellow passengers over a cocktail. I miss the crew members - we have met so many wonderful people from all over the world.
Keep the faith, it will return. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter