What do you pack for your toddler...

I liked pull-ups or the Slip-on diapers. They made it easy to change my daughter in the stall with me instead of always using the changing tables.

Something I learned on here before our trip...
I took a couple of sponges and cut in to pieces, one for each day. I put a little dish detergent on each section of sponge, and let them dry, then put in a ziploc. Each day I would use one section of sponge to wash that days sippy cup, then just threw away the sponge.

That is so cool! Great idea!

OK I have to ask...Are tables that gross that you need disposable placemats??? :confused:
Can I get away with wipe ones?

My DS is still not great at using a plate, so his food ends up on the table. Even using a wet one, you can't get up everything off a public table. And think about how most restaurant workers will wipe a table and the seat with the same cloth and then re-use that cloth on the next table. Would you want to eat straight off a table like that?

This is a great list! I guess I was not as ready to go as I thought. Thanks for the great ideas.

I never leave home without wet wipes. I really love the Target Up and Up brand! And I am also a very big fan of the placemats! They are really a life saver sometimes

To the PP poster about placemats, yes the tables can get gross if you go during busy season. My toddlers pull up the placemats, so we are forced to wipe down thoroughly. Which means extra wipes.

Plenty of good suggestions here, but I will add some more thoughts -

- extra blanket and doll. As people started to mention, their favorite doll and blanket should never leave the room (we never let them leave the house except for vacation) if they will not sleep without them. If lost in the park it will ruin a night or two (or more). So we bring a light blanket or doll if needed into the park that wouldn't be the end of the world if lost.

- over the door shoe pockets. You can get them at the dollar store or more expensive versions at target/walmart. I also get the hooks that attach to walls without damaging them (3M makes the best). I find this invaluable to hold all of our small bathroom type items as there is never enough counter space for everything and still stay organized.

- bottle brush. easier to clean sippy cups than a sponge. We usually use an old one from home and throw it out the last day.

- Poland Springs (and others) make kids size water bottle with the pull up/push down athletic bottle openers. Leading up to any trip we usually save a bunch of them and bring with us. They fit most standard bottles. Have a case of water delivered to your room and fit these on top (just don't throw them out when you throw out the bottle). The water bottles can be refilled during the day. These tops don't take as much room in your suitcase as disposable sippy cups. Although one real cup that doesn't leave the room for milk would be needed. These only work though if your child is old enough not to spill/squeeze the water on themselves.

When they were young toddlers, we took Table Topper Disposable Stick-in-Place Placemats. They were used to a high-chair not a plate at home, so this kept us from eating off the table (EW!) or dumping plates on the floor.

We go in September - so clip-on fans for the strollers.

Glow-sticks for night-time. (Dollar Tree or eBay)

Individually packaged wet-wipes for quick hand clean-ups before snacks.

Tyvek Wristbands - we wrote name/cell numbers on them and put on kid's ankles. They stay on and legible even in pool. We brought small pair of scissors for the room to cut them off at night. ebay

We camp so we have a lot of "necessities" with us but I go to the party aisle and get Mickey plates and cups. Suddenly the cheap apple juice and carrot sticks from home is just as exciting as the high priced stuff in the parks!

We try to bring a lot of healthy normal foods. We indulge in lots of treats and try to balance out by eating healthy snacks at the camper so their systems don't get so out of whack!

We're driving, so yes, we'll get groceries before we get to the resort and put them in the cooler until we check in. Once we're there we're going to do our best not to go anywhere though.

As for the tables.......Disney seems very clean to me, but SO many people touch EVERYTHING. I'm generally not a germophobe but my DS (9 months at the time) got a stomach virus last time we were there and proceeded to pass it to EVERYONE in my extended family. He could have gotten it from the park, the hotel, maybe even the airplane (he got sick about 36 hours after we arrived), but at 9 months he only touched so many surfaces. So I wouldn't take chances on my vacation. Now, if you have a toddler who is big enough to eat over the plate they're given a wet wipe to the table would be enough (for me)..... I only used the disposable mats when they were little enough that food went directly on they're high chair tray (or the plate would go straight to the floor).

My DS is still not great at using a plate, so his food ends up on the table. Even using a wet one, you can't get up everything off a public table. And think about how most restaurant workers will wipe a table and the seat with the same cloth and then re-use that cloth on the next table. Would you want to eat straight off a table like that?

My kiddo eats off of plates and pushes them forward when he is all done. He also hands you his sippy cup when he is done-even if for only that moment.
So, I guess that is why I didn't think about it.

But you're right--never thought about using the same cloth for each table and now when I think about how gross the cloths are...I'm a bit grossed out... :sad2:

All those ideas are great, but the one thing we couldn't have done without was the comfy stroller for our toddler... It was the only place he would fall asleep!

Might sound strange, but an extra hat. Every single time we have lost her hat and hat to buy and expensive one in the park!

I guess I have some things to add. We took DS at 17 months and this year he will be just shy of 2.5.

1. Those squeezable applesauce tubes. They were a lifesaver last trip plus I think they help him stay "regular"
2. Instead of Take n Toss cups (which my DH and I found impossible to get the straws that come with them into), we bought these (http://www.zoopals.com/ZPCups/)for a fraction of the cost. We just tested them out at the fair over the weekend and I was happy with them. For a smaller child, I might not recommend them but DS does pretty well with holding onto his cups.
3. Disposable flatware
4. A larger bib. Just bought 3 of these (http://www.amazon.com/Bumkins-Water...1375101549&sr=8-1&keywords=bumkins+junior+bib) and they cover DS more completely. Think coverage not only for his shirt but also his lap.We used disposable bibs last year and I felt like they were flimsy. I think it is easier just to wipe off the bib with a wet one each time. You can always wash them out in the sink overnight and hang to dry if needed.
5. Roll of blue painters tape. It was invaluable on the plane!!! He stuck it to windows, the back of the tray tables, etc. and it was easy to cleanup at the end.
6. A bright colored hankerchief. We tied this to our stroller and it was amazing for post ride stroller location. I could spot that stroller in any row no matter where the CMs moved it!

those disposable placemats that stick to the table are a must.

Disposable bibs

stroller fan (don't forget to bring small screwdriver and extra batteries with you)

lots of lots of wipes (not just for diaper changes, but for everthing else!)

I brought some of the food/baby safe scotch disinfecting wipes that were good for wiping down tables, chairs, stroller tray.

snacks prepackaged in individual servings ready to go (better than handing your toddler a huge bag of crackers and then have them spill them all!)

extra ziploc baggies (can't ever have too many)

light up toys for night time. entertained my toddler for waaaaaay too long. lol. found the the same type of light up spinny toys at walmart for a few dollars. plus it was nice for her to have some light around her when it got dark in the parks.

things for her to do in the hotel room (books, coloring, toys)...we had a small basket of toys and things that she played with when we went back to the room for breaks.

if you plan on eating meals in the room, don't forget toddler friendly plates/utensils.

I guess I have some things to add. We took DS at 17 months and this year he will be just shy of 2.5.

1. Those squeezable applesauce tubes. They were a lifesaver last trip plus I think they help him stay "regular"
2. Instead of Take n Toss cups (which my DH and I found impossible to get the straws that come with them into), we bought these (http://www.zoopals.com/ZPCups/)for a fraction of the cost. We just tested them out at the fair over the weekend and I was happy with them. For a smaller child, I might not recommend them but DS does pretty well with holding onto his cups.
3. Disposable flatware
4. A larger bib. Just bought 3 of these (http://www.amazon.com/Bumkins-Water...1375101549&sr=8-1&keywords=bumkins+junior+bib) and they cover DS more completely. Think coverage not only for his shirt but also his lap.We used disposable bibs last year and I felt like they were flimsy. I think it is easier just to wipe off the bib with a wet one each time. You can always wash them out in the sink overnight and hang to dry if needed.
5. Roll of blue painters tape. It was invaluable on the plane!!! He stuck it to windows, the back of the tray tables, etc. and it was easy to cleanup at the end.
6. A bright colored hankerchief. We tied this to our stroller and it was amazing for post ride stroller location. I could spot that stroller in any row no matter where the CMs moved it!

Did you bring the squeeze pouches on the plane? How did you get them past security???

those disposable placemats that stick to the table are a must.

Disposable bibs

stroller fan (don't forget to bring small screwdriver and extra batteries with you)

lots of lots of wipes (not just for diaper changes, but for everthing else!)

I brought some of the food/baby safe scotch disinfecting wipes that were good for wiping down tables, chairs, stroller tray.

snacks prepackaged in individual servings ready to go (better than handing your toddler a huge bag of crackers and then have them spill them all!)

extra ziploc baggies (can't ever have too many)

light up toys for night time. entertained my toddler for waaaaaay too long. lol. found the the same type of light up spinny toys at walmart for a few dollars. plus it was nice for her to have some light around her when it got dark in the parks.

things for her to do in the hotel room (books, coloring, toys)...we had a small basket of toys and things that she played with when we went back to the room for breaks.

if you plan on eating meals in the room, don't forget toddler friendly plates/utensils.

A lot of people have been mentioning bibs...but DS hasn't used one in a long time (tried to pull at it and looked like he was strangling himself...Freaked me right out...Since then, I've become an expert at getting stains out...)

When they were young toddlers, we took Table Topper Disposable Stick-in-Place Placemats. They were used to a high-chair not a plate at home, so this kept us from eating off the table (EW!) or dumping plates on the floor.

We go in September - so clip-on fans for the strollers.

Glow-sticks for night-time. (Dollar Tree or eBay)

Individually packaged wet-wipes for quick hand clean-ups before snacks.

Tyvek Wristbands - we wrote name/cell numbers on them and put on kid's ankles. They stay on and legible even in pool. We brought small pair of scissors for the room to cut them off at night. ebay
The Tyvek band idea is ingenious.

I'm a surgeon, so table germs don't scare me...as a result, take my advice with a grain of salt.

We took a lot of what was mentioned on our first trip, but we didn't use 90% of it!

If your child can drink through a straw, just use the paper Disney cups or buy Spill Spoilers to place on PowerAde/water containers and the like.
We took paper bibs, but ours just tore them off and we gave up. I figured chocolate on an outfit was just part of the memories being made!
Husband cleaned every table with an antibacterial Wet Wipe. We took our chances from there as the disposable sticky mats were just a huge pain to deal with several times a day!

Honestly, the sponge with soap trick is a great idea. Take a 2 throw away cups (sippy or straw), squeeze tubes of applesauce/etc., and some Goldfish along with diapers and wipes. Don't over do it!

Here's our link for our trip with 20 month old twins...https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-with-twin-toddlers-our-guide.3329925/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter