What do you spend most money on for your WDW trip?

What do you spend most money on for your WDW trip?

• Quality resort

• Quality restaurants

• Upgraded park tickets

• Shopping

Results are only viewable after voting.

stellablue

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what your priority is on your WDW trips?

For me, I'd rather spend a little extra on my hotel to have a comfy place to rest my brain and my feet at the end of the day!

I couldn't vote because there was no "none of the above" option.

We're staying in an offsite vacation home for $76 per night.
We eat mostly counter service.
We're buying MYW base tickets, although this is the most expensive item of the trip.
I'll probably buy a pin or two and maybe some potato head parts. Not much shopping. My favorite souvenir is pictures.

We always have a park hopper/water park and more because it is more economical for us. We aren't terribly picky when it comes to our resort, though now with DVC I can see my "pickyness" growing:rolleyes1 We've got the food budget down to a science....my problem is shopping! Oh do I love to shop!!

Quality resort

We like to enjoy the pool, larger beds, views, ambiance and recreation while vacationing.

The resort. I have a child that I have taken twice before, and now soon to be the 3rd time. I always try to get the best view for her possible at our resort when we go.
Nothing like seeing the look on her face in the mornings when she wakes up, looks out the window, and can see the M.K. or Epcot.

We come from the UK and buy a 14 Unlimited Hopper and we stay off-site. As long as we have a suite with at least one sep bedroom and is comfortable and clean, we dont care. We only sleep there after all, we are out all day. I love to spend and bring as much back as we can fit into our suitcases, in fact i threw most of my youngest sons shorts away (not much use to us in rainy England, and wouldnt fit him next summer:) ) so I could fit more a huge snowglobe in my case.

It's not just Disney shopping, we visit the malls and premium outlets and stock up on everything we can.

I have to agree with the previous poster that their best souveniers are photos. Also some of the best souveniers we brought back are silly little things, like maps, guidebooks, little plastic things that came in my sandwhich in Rose and Crown, and my little black mickey kids meal dish that now holds my keys when I come in the door:) We spend hours going through our Disney boxes from previous trips, bringing back lots of happy memories.

I agree with the OP. We love to have somewhere to go at the end of walking what feels like 30 miles a day and kick our feet up without tripping over others. We also look at the pool since we usually have the afternoons to swim. :)

I voted better restaurants, we like to relax in the evenings for a table service meal at the world showcase restaurants.

Hi i spend money on souvenirs for the kids and scrapbook albums i buy 4 one for each child one for me. also tshirts or sweatshirts.:cool1: :cool1:

If we stay on-site we stay at the Value. I don't really care about that. As long as there is a bed and shower, I'm good. :flower3:

We buy tickets based on what we need. The last time it was a 9 day base ticket ( no hopper). I still have 2 days left on my no experation ticket.

I don't eat in really fancy restaurants. I'm too picky. We do a couple character meals and possibly the Fantasmic Dinner Package, but I wouldn't say that's way over the top.

I buy things, but not anything that's more than $20. Because I'm cheap, yes even in Disney, I'm cheap.:rolleyes1

This was a hard one. The only answer that didn't apply to me was shopping, because I just didn't do that much last time we were there (I plan to rectify that situation this time). :rotfl:

We stayed deluxe last time, so I chose "Quality Resort", but this time we're going with a moderate (more money in my pockets for shopping). :lmao:

We also ate well last time, but this time, we will do mainly CS with TS sprinkled in throughout the week.

Only 59 more days! :banana: :dance3: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo:

I wouldn't say that the resort is the most important aspect of our trip, but it is the most expensive. We are planning a split stay for our November trip. And while I have stayed in Value previously, I just prefer at least a Mod. This trip will be the first I've stayed in a deluxe.

The most important thing to me is visiting the parks though.

I like to shop, so obviously, I marked shopping. However, I think it might also be the resort. Of course, we usually stay in the same resort year after year so that is not a big thing.

As for dining, we get the dining package and have it all payed before we go and so I don't notice the money going for dining. As far as the tickets, I don't really count that either because that is a necessity, IMHO.

Yep, I guess I spend most my money on souvies for my DGDs!!!!

Barbara

I voted for the tickets. I try to upgrade each time to make sure I can park-hop, I have enough days to possibly allow a quick trip into a park on my departure day, and that we have the freedom to visit any of the attractions any time. I love the resorts and hope to tackle my goal of staying at them all sometime, but I really don't spend much time there. I try to get to a park early, stay all day, and use the evening EMH, so more often than not the resort is a place to sleep!

DOn't know if I can vote, but we spend alot on food. We get alot of counter service and snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!