What do you wish you had brought to Aulani?

Limes and onions are not liquid, so normally I would say ok. However, Hawaii has very strict rules on bringing in fresh produce onto the islands. There are garbage cans located in the airport with large signs that say dump your fresh produce food here before claiming your luggage. They absolutely do not want foreign bugs and diseases invading the islands if they can help it. You also must go through agricultural screening when you leave the islands.

Limes and onions are not liquid, so normally I would say ok. However, Hawaii has very strict rules on bringing in fresh produce onto the islands. There are garbage cans located in the airport with large signs that say dump your fresh produce food here before claiming your luggage. They absolutely do not want foreign bugs and diseases invading the islands if they can help it. You also must go through agricultural screening when you leave the islands.

Good to know, thanks!

We did carry-on only so prepared a list to do a Target run the first full day.

More sunscreen.
I noticed a lot of people in and around the water with their phones in waterproof bags. Looked handy if you like to have your phone with you. I do have a waterproof GoPro which is also great around the water.

More sunscreen.
I noticed a lot of people in and around the water with their phones in waterproof bags. Looked handy if you like to have your phone with you. I do have a waterproof GoPro which is also great around the water.
We had a half dozen people at least ask us where we got our waterproof phone cases that we wear on lanyards. Definitely useful.

We had a half dozen people at least ask us where we got our waterproof phone cases that we wear on lanyards. Definitely useful.
Good to hear. I just bought two of them on Amazon for DH and me, different brands because there were so many choices. They ended up being identical, and when I tried them out in a bowl of water overnight they worked perfectly.

I agree with the idea of prescription goggles for snorkeling, if you wear glasses and your prescription calls for more than about -4. This will make a real difference to your experience in the snorkeling reef. On different trips, we went on 2 snorkeling boat tours, one that stocked prescription goggles and one that did not--with no obvious indication up front. The prescription goggles give you a very much better experience. Although I have now purchased my own prescription goggles, I am in the market for lighter ones--I don't recall the ones I had on the boat being quite this heavy. You may also want to bring your own snorkel.

I purchased the anti-jellyfish lotion/sunscreen combination for a Carribbean trip. I am not sure whether there is any need for it at Aulani.

For people who don't need or want to carry their phones around in a waterproof case, one of those smaller waterproof containers that holds credit cards, drivers licenses, etc. is valuable.

I like the 2.5 gallon ziplock bags for bringing wet swimsuits home.

A sun hat is a good thing to pack. There is not a lot of choice around Aulani, in my experience. If you like visors or baseball caps, you can get them there, though. I also recommend comfortable flip-flops, underlining comfortable.

I think we purchased souvenir beach towels at Aulani. They take up a lot of room in a suitcase, and you can do fine with the regular-size towels that are provided.

The coconuts that they sell at Aulani, for drinking coconut water and I suppose eating the coconut filling itself, are intriguing for people who live far from coconut trees. It is sometimes hard to open them, though, because the opener tabs they put on them often break off before the "plug" (about as big around as a penny) pulls out. I would have liked to have a mini screwdriver or other tool that would accomplish that.

planning first trip in couple weeks. any items you wish you had brought that you forgot or didn't know to bring. any first timer info appreciated!
thanks
mikewdw

Food! We were only staying 2 nights, prior to going on a cruise, so we thought we wouldn't want or need to cook. we stopped at a Walmart on the way from Honolulu, so we had a rental car and stopped for some things, so I had the opportunity. I just wish we would have purchased more snacks or easy things for the villa on the nights we were tired from the sun and didn't feel like we had to get out to go find food. Aulani is one of my all time favorite resorts and locations to visit, so have a fantastic time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!