• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What Eastern excursions can you do with a 4 year old?

MelissaE1

Truly believes in the Magic
I noticed that many of the excursions to beaches, etc. start at age 5. Are there any good excursions (besides bus tours) that you can do with a 4 year old? How strictly do they enforce the age thing? I am wondering if we will just have to wait until our next cruise? (Which DH hasn't approved at all yet, but I'm counting on that Disney Magic to work on him!)

Or, maybe we can go on our own. What would be a good place to go on the January Eastern for 8 yo and 4 yo water rats?

TIA!

we did Dawn's Beach in St. Marten. Very easy to get to, and a very clean beach. You take a taxi from the pier, which was eighteen bucks for the three of us. Then you can rent two chairs and an umbrella for $12...There were drinks available, a little cafe/bar, and this was very doable on our own. My son was nine, and he really enjoyed this beach.

I believe the beach days and the butterfly tour are really the only other ones. We were going to take the eastern in May 03, but after talking to DCL about the excursions we'd be allowed on, we decided to cancel. They are VERY strict about the age requirements, and since they will know the age of your child, since it's on their birth certificate, you can't lie to get on. What I'd recommend is taking a taxi to a beach in St. Maarten, and going over to St. John for the day on your own, it's really not hard and you'll have a GREAT time!!!

Just got back from the Eastern. We got a taxi in St. Martin & went to Orient Beach. You can rent chairs & there is plenty to eat & drink. In St. Thomas we got a taxi & went to Coral World & then to the beach next door, Coki Beach. Again rent chairs & plenty of food & drink.

It was great because we were on our schedule, not following around 30 other people trying to see the same thing. The taxi drivers will ask you what time you want to be picked up & taken back to the ship. On St. Martin, the driver did not let us give him a dime til the end of the day. Both drivers showed up exactly when we told them to. It's very easy to jump into a taxi & tell them what kind of beach you want (waves, calm, snorkling).

Beth

Our kids are 4, 9 & 9. So we were in the same position with the excurisions.

On Coki Beach you can also rent snorkle equiptment.

St Thomas' Megans Bay was beautiful. Water very calm - no waves and very shallow for quite a distance out. Great for little ones who were busy digging along the water's edge Nice little snack shop (great pizza), and bath house (salt water, so only good for rinsing sand off).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter