What Else Should I Be Doing?

aide4

Mouseketeer
Our first trip is Feb 9-16. Got the room, reserved the car, planning on getting park passes when we arrive. Haven't made any PS, is there anything else I should be doing??:confused:

Yes! You should be making lists, packing and repacking, surfing the net for deals...

No really... Here are some things to consider:

Will you be eating all of your meals out or do you have a kitchen in your room? If you will be eating in the room some you need to get directions to grocery stores and stuff before you get there. For some reason unless I have turn-by-turn instructions - I get lost in Orlando.

Make sure you have toll money (change). FL is a toll state if ever I've seen one.

For great deals on parkhoppers go to www.connections123.com and sign up for their 1 month for $1 or www.ticketmania.com. They both have great deals.

Regarding tickets, if you have small children you may actually want to forego the parkhoppers and play it by ear. It is very difficult to do more than one park in a day with little ones. We don't even bother trying. We find you waste valuable parktime catching the bus and going from park to park. We enjoy MK and MGM but don't do Epcot yet. We went to AK last year and did not like it at all - the kids were bored because the animals were hidden. If you have no kids or older kids AK is okay - not the best - but okay. Anyway, why buy a 4 day park hopper if you're only going to one or two parks.

Make sure you take filtered water bottles (like brita or PUR) to the parks with you. Bottled water is expensive in the parks and the tap water in Orlando is terrible.

Last year we went end of Jan / beginning of Feb. The forcast was for very cold weather. We took warm clothes and cool clothes and it was warm the whole time. Pack for warm weather but take a pair of jeans or two. If you need to wash them there are laundry facilities in most of the resorts.

Be prepared to not sleep the night before you leave! You think you're excited now... just wait!!!

Have a blast! We are going to miss you by about 6 days.

Leaving in 17 days!!!

:) K

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter