What else would you add?

JimC77

Earning My Ears
So I made our ADRs for an 8 day trip this coming September.

Day 1: Arrival day - open for dinner
Day 2: MK - Dinner @ Wispering Canyon
Day 3: AK - Lunch @ Satu'il Canteen, Dinner @ Boma
Day 4: No Park - Brunch @ Chef Mickey, Dinner @ 'Ohana
Day 5: HS - Dinner @ Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
Day 6: EP - Dinner @ Garden Grill
Day 7: MK - Lunch @ BOG, dinner open
Day 8: Departure day

I'll be my wife and our 3 boys (7,9,13). It will be the boys first time there and only the 2nd time for my wife and I. We're staying in ALK-Kidani with a full kitchen so we're planning breakfast in the room and probably taking sandwiches/snacks into the parks for lunch. We are open for dinner on arrival day and our next to last day. What are some of your favorite places to dine at that would good for a family. Looking for a fun theme or experience. What am I missing?!?

TIA,
Jim

With 3 boys....

Maybe TRex?? I see you already have Sci-Fi...good choice. Do you have park tickets for Day 1? Or hoppers for Day 7? My boys like Via Napoli at Epcot. They liked Garden Grill there too.

Edit...just saw you already have Garden Grill! Another good choice!

Maybe do Boma your first night? We are usually pretty tired out first night.

Day 4 has a lot of travel for the two sit down meals.

Your boys would love the Hoop De Doo, perfect ages.

Maybe do Boma your first night? We are usually pretty tired out first night.

Day 4 has a lot of travel for the two sit down meals.

Your boys would love the Hoop De Doo, perfect ages.

I was going back and forth between the HDDR and Whispering Canyon. I'm still on the fence for adding it to Day 7. Day 4 is a resort/no planned park day, it is a bit of traveling but we don't have anything else planned. The 'Ohana reviews all mention that it can take awhile so I figured having it on a day without a show or anything we're trying to catch later that evening should make it more enjoyable.

With 3 boys....

Maybe TRex?? I see you already have Sci-Fi...good choice. Do you have park tickets for Day 1? Or hoppers for Day 7? My boys like Via Napoli at Epcot. They liked Garden Grill there too.

We are planning park tickets for 5 days but looking at the ticket prices on UC its only $30 more for us to get 6 day tickets so we'll probably do that. We could use the extra day either on arrival day or on Sunday.

I like your choices and have eaten at all of them.
In Epcot, have you considered Biergarten in Germany? My kids always enjoyed eating there.
For MK, maybe Skipper Canteen or Liberty Tree Tavern? Or move Ohana to this day?
And let's not forget HoopDeDoo Musical Review. It's a blast, especially for those ages. Maybe on arrival day, or no park day?

I think Boma is a good choice for arrival day, too, especially since you're staying at AKL. Then, for your AK day, you could just stay at the park for dinner. Yak & Yeti is good, even if you don't like Asian food (their Kobe hamburger is amazing). Or you could do Tusker House for any meal that day, plus it is a character meal, and one of the best buffets (iMO second only to Boma). Telling three boys who are having a blast at Animal Kingdom that they have to "head out right now" to have dinner back at the hotel seems like a recipe for a meltdown.

For your no-park day, why not enjoy your resort instead of traveling to MK area restaurants twice in one day? If your intention is to relax that day, Chef Mickey's plus 'Ohana may not be the best choice.

Is Chef Mickey's a "must"? If the goal is to see Mickey, you can accomplish that with Tusker House (Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy), with the added benefit of having better food and less chaos than Chef Mickey's. CM is LOUD and seems to have more screaming toddlers than just about anywhere. I just don't think it is the best for a no-park chillout day.

If you're not looking for "down time" why not go to Disney Springs that day? There are so many fun and good places to eat and lots to do (balloon ride, bowling, music, shopping, movies, and more). Then head over to ''Ohana. At DS, your kids would probably like Raglan Road or T-Rex the most, but there are soooo many choices there--from really good snacks and quick service all the way up to fine dining.

Hoop Dee Doo is a good suggestion for those who like that type of entertainment. Definitely watch a video first and decide if it is right for you. Most people have a great time, but I know others who hated every minute. I have a friend who doesn't like ribs-n-chicken American food and she hates their style of entertainment...so HDDR is a "never again" for her.

Boma for your arrival day.
We stayed at Jambo last week. We went to Crystal Palace on our arrival day and I wish we would’ve just hung at the hotel, used the pool, wondered around, enjoyed the fire pit and speaking with the cultural reps and had a nice dinner at Boma. It is the only thing I would have changed from that trip!

I think Boma is a good choice for arrival day, too, especially since you're staying at AKL. Then, for your AK day, you could just stay at the park for dinner. Yak & Yeti is good, even if you don't like Asian food (their Kobe hamburger is amazing). Or you could do Tusker House for any meal that day, plus it is a character meal, and one of the best buffets (iMO second only to Boma). Telling three boys who are having a blast at Animal Kingdom that they have to "head out right now" to have dinner back at the hotel seems like a recipe for a meltdown.

For your no-park day, why not enjoy your resort instead of traveling to MK area restaurants twice in one day? If your intention is to relax that day, Chef Mickey's plus 'Ohana may not be the best choice.

Is Chef Mickey's a "must"? If the goal is to see Mickey, you can accomplish that with Tusker House (Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy), with the added benefit of having better food and less chaos than Chef Mickey's. CM is LOUD and seems to have more screaming toddlers than just about anywhere. I just don't think it is the best for a no-park chillout day.

Some good points!

Chef Mickey isn't a must and I've read the reviews about the noise. On Sunday morning we're headed to church in the morning so rather than try to fit a park in on a and day we would be arriving late morning I figured it would be a good day for Ohana and somewhere else for a late breakfast/lunch. I also wanted to do at least 1 character meal. I think Tusker House may be a good plan on AK day.

The plan for each day to to be at the park for rope drop and stay until around lunch. Then back to the room until its time to head to our dinner reservation then back into the park to finish the day. Hopefully this will help avoid the meltdowns!

Thanks!

Some good points!

Chef Mickey isn't a must and I've read the reviews about the noise. On Sunday morning we're headed to church in the morning so rather than try to fit a park in on a and day we would be arriving late morning I figured it would be a good day for Ohana and somewhere else for a late breakfast/lunch. I also wanted to do at least 1 character meal. I think Tusker House may be a good plan on AK day.

The plan for each day to to be at the park for rope drop and stay until around lunch. Then back to the room until its time to head to our dinner reservation then back into the park to finish the day. Hopefully this will help avoid the meltdowns!

Thanks!

I think putting TH in on your AK day for your character meal is a good idea. I would, then, recommend doing Sanaa for lunch on your non-park day. It's very good and right in Kidani. The restaurant has floor-to-ceiling windows so, during daylight hours, you can typically see the animals walk by. Great food and a bit of an entertainment factor. It would be far more convenient than heading over to the MK area twice in one day.

With 3 boys....

T-Rex is also what I was going to suggest with 3 kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter