What Floors are best at Animal Kingdom Lodges?

Frederic Civish

“I’m just here for the Ears.”
DVC Gold
Hi everyone. I currently have 4 reservations at AKV - in both Jambo and Kidani - that I have made for 3 different trips for my family. Most of them have never been to the Animal Kingom Lodges. So I was hoping for some suggestions about which floors to ask for at each resort. Or which room numbers. Or wings in particular.

I have reserved a Value 2-Bedroom AND a Value Studio at Jambo, a 2-Bedroom Savannah View
Lockoff at Jambo, and a 2-Bedroom Savannah View at Kidani.

So, where and which floors should I request?

Thanks for any suggestions.

All Jambo rooms are on the fifth floor except club level is on the 6th floor above the lobby. Thus, requesting floor there is pointless. Also the value rooms are all in the front part of the building with 40% facing the pool, 40% a tail of the Sunset Savannsa, and 20% front area view, and with value you cannot make any location requests; it is luck of the draw. Most savanna view rooms provide good views, but my personal preference is to request a room with a view of the Arusha savanna (the one in the middle of the building), along Zebra Trail (right side of the u-shaped building). If that request is met you typically have a very good view from a room whose balcony faces west and thus does not get blinding sun coming in during the morning, and you are also on the same side of the building as the pool.

Kidani savanna view is about 80% of all rooms, all of which are on floors 2 through 5, the only floors with rooms. Some request lower floor for more direct view of animals and some higher floor for more panoramic view. I like both so never make a floor request. A usual first request is view of Sunset Savanna (the largest savanna overlooked by most rooms, which savanna has giraffes; the much smaller Pembe savanna does not). The most popular request there is room near lobby, but I avoid that one because most request that with the result that many do not get it and end up far from the lobby, and being far from the lobby at Kidani is similar in distance to being placed in another state. I generally make one of two requests in addition to Sunset savanna: (a) near the Rafiki elevator, which is one of the elevators on the north wing and rooms anywhere near it put you within striking distance of lobby and bus station and give you shortest possible walk from building to a gate to the pool; or (b) near the Timon elevator, which is on the south wing and, if you get the request met, you will have a short walk to the door on second floor that leads directly to the bus station, you will not be far from the lobby, and you will be within striking distance of the pool on the north wing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter