What have the crowds been like this week?

goofyfordisney

DIS Veteran
I just heard from a friend that the crowds have been huge this week in DL. :earseek: He heard that they have been turning people away at the gates because the park has been at capacity by 11:00 a.m.! :earseek:

Just wondering what it will be like next week? We are going to be there next Thurs. 7/21 thru Tues. 7/25...hope it's not that bad when we go! ;)

Anyone have anything to report?

I was there on Monday, and maybe I'm just used to large crowds there, it didn't seem very bad. I've been there between Christmas and New Year's when there was a 2 hour wait for the train. It was nothing like that on Monday. I did hear a CM tell someone not to exit the park once they were inside for they may not get back in.

We also made a late lunch reservation at the Blue Bayou (3:20) to escape some of the heat and the crowd.

So, if you just go , get there early and run around like crazy and then just relax and take your time during the peak crowds -- with the thought it will be crowded -- you'll do fine. It seemed to work for us.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the info! :flower: We are usually at the parks at opening and then go, go, go until we get hungry. I'm hoping to go back and swim during the day and then go back to DL in the evening. I know it will be crowded...I just don't want it to be packed with people!

We were there last week (Wed - Fri). I have nothing to compare to, since this was our first trip, but it was crowded. But not unmanageable. And we left the park every day for a rest and had no trouble getting back in. We got there for opening every day and that made the biggest difference in how much we were able to do/see. The crowd difference between 8 am and 11 am is enormous! Good luck..............P

I was there at the same time as pjlla (7/13-7/15), and as she said, it was crowded, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had envisioned it from others' descriptions. It was definitely much more crowded by 11am than it was for the first hour or two, and I was glad to leave around noon each day for a break. However, we got in line at the gates at 7:30 am every day and were able to do MANY rides in that first hour or two. We didn't arrive until 7:15 on our EE day, but the lines were still very manageable in FAntasyland. The worst crowd was trying to leave after the fireworks (from the NOS area), but not any worse than what we saw in WDW after the Electric Parade. DCA never seemed to me to be very crowded, except for around the time of the Block Party, and it emptied very quickly after that.

Yesterday only felt crowded during the fireworks. OTherwise it was actually not bad. I suspect this is do to two things.

Merchandise line
Space mountain line.

The number of people waiting in line for the commerative stuff was shocking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter