What have you struggled with your entire life?

Folding a fitted sheet is one of the few things in life that I am really, truly great at. I wish it were a better skill, something that could earn me some money perhaps, haha. But no, it's that. I absolutely love folding fitted sheets. (This does not apply to jersey sheets. Those can get wadded in a ball and thrown in the corner.)

I’ve always said every person has one thing they do better than anyone else. The problem is most people never discover what their one thing is, and most who do find it not to be a marketable skill LOL

Being extremely empathetic. I have been since I was a child. If I watch the news, my heart breaks for every tragic story (and aren't they all?). I can't help but thinks of the families whose hearts are broken when they mention there's been a fatal accident. Or any type of disaster. My DH loves watching the news but it tears me into a million pieces.

I didn’t really struggle with anything until my life turned upside down at the age of eight. My birth father picked me up for a visit and explained to me that he never wanted kids (has seven now), and would never want me anyway, no one ever would, as I am unlovable. This news kind of rocked me to my core. Has proven true, with the exception of my daughter. But that day, coupled with some other life altering events experienced between 9 & 14, created a total shift in my personality. Since then I have struggled with anxiety, depression, very low self esteem, the ability to make friends, and my weight.
Gosh, I’m so sorry. What an evil man to tell you that. I’m sure everything he said was obviously wrong, but still to tell a child those things, is mean.

Add me to the anxiety list.

From having a stomach ache every day before 1st grade, and stressing throughout school and my jobs. When I was about 50 I was finally able to put it all together and realize how much of an anxiety problem I have, after having a month long episode of not sleeping or eating while helping my DS find an apartment in NYC and moving. Two of my kids are very laid back, low stress types like my DH, but one DD shows a lot of my traits that I worry about her.

Hypermobile joints. Physical activity is often painful and awkward for me and I get hurt a lot. Pretty much have been accused of anything from being lazy to being a hypochondriac because of it.

Having too much stress and being tightly wound is a big one for me. Another is personal relationships, particularly romantic ones. I guess I'm just not that likable.

FWIW, I've been using these boards for about two years now, and I've always found you to be perfectly pleasant. You are often helpful to others. A lot of people struggle with people- you are far from alone so don't get down on yourself for it!

Having too much stress and being tightly wound is a big one for me. Another is personal relationships, particularly romantic ones. I guess I'm just not that likable.

Brian, I find you very likable (at least what I know of you in your posts). :flower3:

My health.

Feeling like a failure anytime I make a mistake, no matter if it’s big or small, meaningful or not.

FWIW, I've been using these boards for about two years now, and I've always found you to be perfectly pleasant. You are often helpful to others. A lot of people struggle with people- you are far from alone so don't get down on yourself for it!

Brian, I find you very likable (at least what I know of you in your posts). :flower3:

Well, thank you both. Still, it is what I struggle with, though I'm not particularly upset about it, so I didn't mean it to come off that way. It is what it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter