What if the lead on the reservation can’t come last minute?

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
My parents are also DVC members and we are traveling on their points on our upcoming visit. My dad booked this reservation, so he is the lead guest on the villa.

Due to some difficult circumstances, my parents may need to cancel their visit last minute. As in ... the day before the trip or even the morning of. The rest of us will still be going as planned.

I did the online check in and my card is currently on the villa. It’s just my dad’s name as the lead.

A few questions if my dad can’t come ...

1. Can you change the lead guest on a reservation on check in day?

2. Is there any reason not to just leave my dad as the lead guest even if he is unable to come that day? Does this mess anything up?

I’m hoping they will be able to come, we are really lookIng forward to this time together. If they can’t, I just want to be prepared if there’s anything we need to do!

Personally I would just leave it as is and do online check in. No point doing anything that might cause difficulties and yet solves zero problems. If you don't have the dining plan, it should make zero difference if your dad is physically there or not. If ever any situation comes up where they need to speak to the lead guest (can't think of any), then you can just explain the truth - at the last second he could not come.

I was lead on my current reservation but some of my guests didn’t come. I didn’t change and at check in no one even asked about them

Leave as is. All guests can check in!

I agree that there's zero need to change the lead or worry about it at all. If there's some issue and you did need to go to the front desk all you might have to do is provide his name as the lead on the reservation for them to look it up as I've found not all CM's do great at looking up guests who are not the lead.

I think as long as your credit card is the one on file for any charging or incidentals in the room then there isn't any need to worry.

Last time we stayed at Aulani on points I was the lead but my son (who was on the reservation) and his girlfriend arrived a few hours before us and checked in and got the room and keys for all of us. When we arrived we just went straight to the room and nobody ever demanded proof that I was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!