What if you bought the DVC passes, then couldn't go by the end of 2018

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
My DH asked me this, and I wasn't totally sure. I'd like to buy the premium pass deal, but he asked if we would be out all of the money if some sort of tragedy struck and we couldn't go by the end of next year when they have to be activated.

They would give you credit of the price you paid towards a new AP or ticket. You wouldn't get a refund though, just a credit.

I had called Membership Services last month about this and was told that with this promotion we have to activate the annual pass by the expiration date (12/31/18) or else we'd lose the annual pass. No refund. No credit.

I had called Membership Services last month about this and was told that with this promotion we have to activate the annual pass by the expiration date (12/31/18) or else we'd lose the annual pass. No refund. No credit.

I am under the impression that you were told incorrect information. Any unused passes would be returned as a cash credit. Disney started doing this for all tickets in February of 2016 if I remember correctly.

I am under the impression that you were told incorrect information. Any unused passes would be returned as a cash credit. Disney started doing this for all tickets in February of 2016 if I remember correctly.

Given the very uneven information one gets from Member Services, I wonder how to track down the info for this?

They give you back cash now? I hadn’t heard that. I might have to make some money on discount gift cards if I can turn them back into cash in 12 months.

That would be a first and I 100% think that was incorrect information.

I have 3 dvc discounted premium plus ap certificates sitting in my mde account. All show the 2030 expiration. I can't imagine them just disappearing at the end of 2018 if they weren't activated.

They give you back cash now? I hadn’t heard that. I might have to make some money on discount gift cards if I can turn them back into cash in 12 months.

No, as a credit that is as good as cash...as long as you spend it within the Disney ecosystem of course.
Nice idea, though. Buy giftcards at 5% off, spend them on annual passes, then get 100% the value cash back. Rinse and repeat...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter