What I'm Focussed On - Animals

PrincessInOz

Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!
The purpose of this Assignment is to get out and have fun using our cameras, maybe learning a few things along the way, so pictures should be new as often as possible (though if you have a relatively new picture that fits a category, you can use it). All cameras and skill levels are welcome.

This could be one that we run for the year. No prizes can be rewarded other than recognition for a job well done!

Where possible, please use pictures taken from 15 April 2014 as the intent of this assignment is to get out and about. However, given that this is running from the start of 2014, if you do have a recent (2013'ish) picture already on file, by all means post it - especially if you would like to share your best pictures taken during 2013!
If you post a picture, please share what you did to take the picture irrespective of whether you shoot with a point and shoot or a dSLR or phone camera. For those with a dSLR, please include your ISO, aperture and shutter speed; as well as a brief description of anything that might help others learn from your experience.

Other Threads in the Series:
Merry Christmas Lights
Fireworks for the Year
Picture Composition
Action Shots
Projection Mappings
Flowers and Gardens
Animals
Water
Land and City Scapes
Food Glorious Food
Blood Moon
Sigma 17-35 mm, f/1.8 Lens
FurBabies

Scavenger Hunt 2015

Favourites of 2015

Last edited:
ISO 800, f/6.3, 1/100sec

ISO 250, f/7.1, 1/60 sec

ISO 100, f/7.1, 1/125 sec

ISO 250, f/7.1, 1/400 sec

ISO 100, f/7.1, 1/500 sec

ISO 100, f/6.3, 1/125 sec

ISO 125, f/7.1, 1/320 sec

ISO 125, f/7.1, 1/200 sec

princess::upsidedow

This is Spike, my class bearded dragon. He was a baby here, not much of a baby anymore.
1290128_10202177199130306_1593341501_n.jpg

I'm going to AKL for the first time in July, but only for the weekend, so we're staying exclusively on site, no parks. I'm bringing my D7000 and tripod and I'm renting a 70-200mm f2.8 VR II to shoot some photos of the animals from our Arusha balcony. I'm excited to try out this lens and wanted some tips from people who have been there/done that. How early should I get up to shoot, i.e. when are the animals around the most? Any tips on settings? I'm still pretty new at this and would like to give this lens a good tryout on the one full day I will have. Thanks!

My daughter Hannah on her 8 week work experience.
All in a days work - applying sunscreen to a Rhino...!

14565040958_1bf9ed9444_b.jpg

Milly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!