What is a good reason or time to add-on?

Now that the kids are just into the teen years, moving resorts is fairly easy. When we rented DVC points in 2015, we stayed at All-Star Sports the night prior because there was a cheaper flight. After staying DVC, it was very difficult to stay at a value. It didn't help that a cheer competition was going on, but we are spoiled by our DVC stays.
Even with July being low DVC season, I like to have the trip planned out ahead of time. We picked the resorts we want to stay at to buy since we can't predict the future of the 7 month booking window, so I wanted 11 month booking for at least a short stay. I don't think Riviera will be the last on-site DVC, so that 7 month window will become more competitive over time anyway.

Depending on how much you want to move around, you could stay at the Hyatt at Orlando International and then take the DME the next morning. I've considered doing that, it is a pricey room but I bet it would be nice to not have to deal with going to your resort after a full day of travel, especially international travel. Otherwise, I'd stay at a value like Pop since we are just two, maybe three people at the most.

That’s a good idea. Just tried to put in a few dates through booking . Com but everything sold out.

I don't know, but it seems like I keep hearing how many DVC rooms aren't ready until after 4pm...sometimes 6 or later even... so now you're talking wasting a bunch of time the next day getting out of one room and into another. When we drive, we arrive super late (usually after midnight) I fully enjoy being able to get a good nights sleep after traveling and be able to get up and get going whenever I please and already having my room "settled". If you go with another room for arrival night, I'd at least do a Disney resort so that they will transfer your luggage for you. But you'll still need to be out of the room by 11 and possibly "homeless" until late in the day / early evening. I'd want to just be in my room and done, but that's just me. When we fly, we take the earliest morning flight and check our bags at resort and keep busy all day. Either way, we deal with our luggage and room one time only.

I agree booking something else for the first night is not without complications.

To me it’s something I will have in mind going forward as I would like to maximize the use of my points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter