What is closed in your community....?

It seems most states/non-essential businesses are following the CDC at a minimum as far as closing....in my view...

It just went to crap here. Our overnight reported cases boomed. The governor for MS just issued a shelter in place order for our county. We are only county in state issued this order. ED visits have soared in the last several hours and a local nursing home positive cases just went through the roof.

So it begins. I had just commented to Ed last night about how it was certainly the calm before the storm.

So it begins. I had just commented to Ed last night about how it was certainly the calm before the storm.

Your governor may want to post the MS Highway Patrol over on I20/59 where your county is adjacent to Alabama and check anyone with a Bama tag coming into your state .......

Ed

Michael stay safe good thing you brought your trailer home as an Isolation chamber. Even though we are no longer working as EMT's Lucille and I have delayed getting our annual check up of our coach done in case we need it as one.

Around here in VT. the only thing in buy in person at the stores is “essential” products now, groceries, meds and prescriptions, etc.
No going out and buying clothes or tv’s that type of things. Those things need to be ordered online.

We are still free to travel until curfew for essential workers. However in my case, my former employer had to lay off half of the staff on Tuesday. I was one of them. So Yesterday I to figure out how to file for unemployment due to Covid 19. My employer is hoping to recall us back ASAP as they are applying to every grant and loan possible. However, I am not holding my breath on this one. As of right now, it's the two owners, a warehouse manager, and a book keeper keeping the lights on. Our sales dropped to next to nil over the past 2 weeks.

In any case, it all not good and it is going to take some time to reset and get working again.

My wife on the other hand is working. Thankfully we are fairly stable overall so that's good.

Around here in VT. the only thing in buy in person at the stores is “essential” products now, groceries, meds and prescriptions, etc.
No going out and buying clothes or tv’s that type of things. Those things need to be ordered online.

A patient I took care of in the ED yesterday works for UPS. She told me "Thank you" for what we were doing.

I told her, "No mam, thank you. You guys are getting us the things we need at home."

I hate to say i probably ordered too much stuff sitting here at home. Unfortunately some of it I needed and couldn't get with the stores shut down in NJ. So with the home schooling, and boredom i can see UPS and other deliver services up. We dont tend to think of the people delivering. But then again if we dont order , they could get layed off. I can see at the end of this a lot of things being done diffrently. More shopping from home, all digital tolls, maybe even more work from home. We will see........stay safe all.

Florida goes to mandatory stay at home state wide tonight at 11:00. Up until then we were county by county, city by city. Most people were self quarantining already. Essential businesses are still open.

tiggerdad, teamubr: Did you see the report in one of Nebraska's major hospitals using a ultra violet light robot to disinfect up to 400 masks a hour? They use the robot to disinfect patients rooms after they've left. They say they can disinfect the masks up to 5 times.

Definitely a good idea. My only concern is having overtired personal trying to handle stuff that is basicly a biohazzard. Has to be done safely to minimize risk. But if it frees up some masks and works why not try it.

tiggerdad, teamubr: Did you see the report in one of Nebraska's major hospitals using a ultra violet light robot to disinfect up to 400 masks a hour? They use the robot to disinfect patients rooms after they've left. They say they can disinfect the masks up to 5 times.

Yes, we are using one here. Each of us in the ED have 4 N95 masks assigned to us, changing to new mask each day. This allows them time to rotate through treatment. This is the only option until supplies are built up.

Its same robot we use in each room where a potential covid patient has been before we put next patient in there.

Yes, we are using one here. Each of us in the ED have 4 N95 masks assigned to us, changing to new mask each day. This allows them time to rotate through treatment. This is the only option until supplies are built up.

Its same robot we use in each room where a potential covid patient has been before we put next patient in there.

Thank you for being on the front line and stay safe!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter