What is going on June 20 - 25

sirstude

Earning My Ears
We are headed to the park that time frame and we started the ticket process on Tuesday afternoon, but were short some birthdates and names. Went back in yesterday and all the cheaper rooms were gone in the Disney and Grand Californian Hotels. The price went up 4500 overnight. The Disney travel gal found a bit cheaper rooms (3) but still up 2500 overnight. And up probably that much from a couple of months ago when we first started looking. The next week (June 27 to July 2) is just fine and lots of rooms and good prices. The Disney folks had no idea other than possibly summer break. The cheap season passes are blocked out the week we are going, only the top tier can use them, so no idea.

Thanks Doug

Pixar Pier opens on June 23rd - so that period will now be in high demand I'm guessing. Now I would think this would be mostly local traffic and hard to believe people would book to go there for that week but heh, it's a major event going on and it's just been announced about a week ago.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert by any means (I have never stayed on site before), but it looks like fairly standard summer prices with the fact that standard rooms are booked, meaning the price increase is due to only deluxe and higher rooms being available.

I randomly checked prices for deluxe at DLH for a few other summer weeks and it looks like approx. $600 a night is typical.

I imagine it is normal for the cheaper rooms to start booking up 4 months in advance.

It could be related to Pixar Pier, but I would imagine people would be wanting to go the 23rd on... so I would expect higher pricer the next week if that were the case.

Maybe there was previously a deal that has expired now?

We are thinking of going these exact days or we’ll be going in July. I feel like this will be a busy time because of Pixar Pier opening but not sure how different then the rest of summer. I too noticed hotel rates are high during that time compared to our other dates in July.

We planned on going during that time before finding out Pixar Pier is opening. Now we’re going to change the dates to avoid crowds. Bummer because I wanted to avoid the heat in July or August.

These were our dates as well. Had no idea Pixar Pier was supposed to open during that time. I'd rather go at a different time but I'm not sure we can. How much is this going to affect the crowds? I chose these dates because it seemed like maybe the crowds would be lower due to some of the AP's being blocked.

I hate to say it, but there will be larger crowds once Pixar Pier opens- especially with Incredicoaster opening right along with it. But don’t be discouraged about it, because if you still go in the morning and get Fastpasses you still won’t have to wait in long lines! If you can go later, it might be less crowded, but definitely still go then if you can’t change your dates!

My guess would be people attending VidCon. It’s a huge convention June 20-23. The Pixar Pier thing probably isn’t helping either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!