What is going on with Disney parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s mine. Initial opening, refresh 1 and refresh 2. Each had an evening attraction if you scrolled down (ToT, RnRC, and TSMM but not all 3 at once). Again, not saying anyone is lying just saying the results are not applicable across the board 🤷🏻‍♀️476914

12:01 is a drop time. This is not indicative of “no refresh” the vast majority of the day.

To build on that, that kind of deceptive posting is exactly what Josh was accused of saying “no FP”, which is how this conversation started. That is not what no refreshing looks like at any time throughout the day except 3 at absolute best.

Im kind of bothered by that post TBH. You will never just open the app and see nearly all the DHS headliners at close times with your pick of times without coincidentally hitting a drop. That is very misleading.

Its all about timing. And its very unlikely to get them all at once unless you are on a drop. But if you find yourself in a dead zone between drops ( Which you were), youll get them sporadically and one of them here and there. Even then, you can find things with a little work if you are seeking something specific. I said it was easy because I use the system to my advantage (Look at the timestamp on mine and put 2 and 2 together).
Again, the average park goer doesnt care about this, they dont refresh, and they dont know much if anything about the system. And honestly, for those of us who do, we prefer it that way. I share here because this board is a very minute slice of the overall guest picture and even if we all did it, it wouldnt effect one another. Ill just keep using the system to my advantage and helping friends and family when they go and stop commenting on things when people post absolutely false information. Keep living in the refresh is too hard and takes too much time world. Works for me.

Its all about timing. And its very unlikely to get them all at once unless you are on a drop. But if you find yourself in a dead zone between drops ( Which you were), youll get them sporadically and one of them here and there. Even then, you can find things with a little work if you are seeking something specific. I said it was easy because I use the system to my advantage (Look at the timestamp on mine and put 2 and 2 together).
Again, the average park goer doesnt care about this, they dont refresh, and they dont know much if anything about the system. And honestly, for those of us who do, we prefer it that way. I share here because this board is a very minute slice of the overall guest picture and even if we all did it, it wouldnt effect one another. Ill just keep using the system to my advantage and helping friends and family when they go and stop commenting on things when people post absolutely false information. Keep living in the refresh is too hard and takes too much time world. Works for me.

I have never said refresh is too hard and takes too long. I use it often myself which is why I feel like I’ve got enough of my own personal experience to say that the really successful low effort attempts being reported are not universal or guaranteed.

I am not successful every single time, it’s possible to come up empty.

To build on that, that kind of deceptive posting is exactly what Josh was accused of saying “no FP”, which is how this conversation started. That is not what no refreshing looks like at any time throughout the day except 3 at absolute best.

Im kind of bothered by that post TBH. You will never just open the app and see nearly all the DHS headliners at close times with your pick of times without coincidentally hitting a drop. That is very misleading.
If you understand and know the system....Thats what some of us have been saying. Knowing dead zone times, knowing drops, Tier breaks, Burners, and then pulling through refresh in reasonable times. Josh was wrong but again, no reason to dwell. Ill keep doing me and helping those who ask ( I pulled a friend every attraction at Studios last Friday, 3 of them twice. And as I modified they were able to do things like walk into shops, eat, have drinks at Taphouse, enjoy the day). Thats how my wife and I do it, we go at a very slow pace because we can be spontaneous thanks to knowing the system and using it.
Like I said, no worries..keep doing you...Ill keep doing me. Makes it easier for the system to work for me.

Don't want to brag, but after 3 mins I was able to pull these:

View attachment 476917

So I went another 5 minutes and was actually able to grab some "good" ones

Now these aren't SDD, or MFSR, but TBH I would be happy if I were pulling these as 4, 5, or 6.....

But apparently I can't do it while in the parks somehow......Gotta keep trying I guess if I want to get my money's worth.

If you understand and know the system....Thats what some of us have been saying. Knowing dead zone times, knowing drops, Tier breaks, Burners, and then pulling through refresh in reasonable times. Josh was wrong but again, no reason to dwell. Ill keep doing me and helping those who ask ( I pulled a friend every attraction at Studios last Friday, 3 of them twice. And as I modified they were able to do things like walk into shops, eat, have drinks at Taphouse, enjoy the day). Thats how my wife and I do it, we go at a very slow pace because we can be spontaneous thanks to knowing the system and using it.
Like I said, no worries..keep doing you...Ill keep doing me. Makes it easier for the system to work for me.

I understand the system perfectly which is why I know that you posted a drop not just a random “no refresh”. Of course you didn’t refresh on a drop and found success.

I find it ironic that this is being posted in response to a conversation about bad information. That kind of success being limited to 3 extremely quick periods during the day (at best) is certainly important to add.

I understand the system perfectly which is why I know that you posted a drop not just a random “no refresh”. Of course you didn’t refresh on a drop and found success.

I find it ironic that this is being posted in response to a conversation about bad information. That kind of success being limited to 3 extremely quick periods during the day (at best) is certainly important to add.

When I first saw reports here about refresh, I was very excited. Went to the parks, tried it out, and thought "well, this doesn't work well."

Then I read some more, found out that people are breaking up parties. Went to the park, tried that out, mixed results. Found out it was a lot more time consuming than just hitting refresh a few times. Found out that people spend about 10-15 minutes on avg per FP.

Now, I'm finding out that there are drop times.

I think it helps others to put the full story out there.

When I first saw reports here about refresh, I was very excited. Went to the parks, tried it out, and thought "well, this doesn't work well."

Then I read some more, found out that people are breaking up parties. Went to the park, tried that out, mixed results. Found out it was a lot more time consuming than just hitting refresh a few times. Found out that people spend about 10-15 minutes on avg per FP.

Now, I'm finding out that there are drop times.

I think it helps others to put the full story out there.
Research and you know. Again. Drops are part of the refresh strategy and it is obviously not for everyone. We dont spend 15 minutes to get stuff. But that's. Ok. Let them raise prices and keep thinning things out. The typical guest. Of which these boards and the bloggers and their followers are less than 10% if that. The typical guest is quite content. Hence all the crowds and people ok with things as they are. Im.content with refresh. The crowds. The way things work. As are our friends. We all go every other weekend or 3rd weekend and have fun.

Research and you know. Again. Drops are part of the refresh strategy and it is obviously not for everyone. We dont spend 15 minutes to get stuff. But that's. Ok. Let them raise prices and keep thinning things out. The typical guest. Of which these boards and the bloggers and their followers are less than 10% if that. The typical guest is quite content. Hence all the crowds and people ok with things as they are. Im.content with refresh. The crowds. The way things work. As are our friends. We all go every other weekend or 3rd weekend and have fun.

I know I’m cynical but I’m honestly glad that it works for you and you enjoy your trips. I’m thankful to you for explaining the drops. I had never seen that before. We all have thresholds and yours hasn’t been met yet. Watch out for the genie...

the parks have a totally different feel to them after dark. no reason why Disney parks aren't open to 10 pm at the earliest.

Thank you! People can make excuses for Disney all they want but the parks were designed to be experienced at night. I don't even go for the rides, so much as the atmosphere, so FP+ availability is besides the point. Closing DHS at 8 is ridiculous.

Thank you! People can make excuses for Disney all they want but the parks were designed to be experienced at night. I don't even go for the rides, so much as the atmosphere, so FP+ availability is besides the point. Closing DHS at 8 is ridiculous.

Thru the early 2000's the parks closed at 9p with the exception being HS because it closed at 7p ... sometimes 6p. AK didn't exist. So I don't get the parks were designed to be night experiences - when did that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!