What is going on with Disney World?

Is Disney going down hill?

• I have been lately and yes Disney is neglecting stuff.

• I have been lately and have not noticed changes.

• Not been in a few months, but yes, it has gone down hill.

• Not been in a few months and have not noticed any changes.

Results are only viewable after voting.

elmonshea

I need a Disney Vacation !
We are here now (2 days so far) after a 7 day disney cruise. Everywhere we look, stuff is run down like they are not taking care of it as much.
We are dvc members and here once a year, at least.
We were here in October and not bad, but this time I have seen A LOT of neglected things.
We are not picky and point out all little details, but these are obvious details.

Anybody else notice Disney going down hill??

Do you have specific examples? I have heard this quite a bit, but as annual visitors, we have never noticed a decline to the extent that some people post about.

I feel like I notice that in the summer more for some reason. I definitely felt that way last August. I saw a lot of seriously faded, peeling paint everywhere (but especially in MK in Tomorrowland area). I noticed what just felt like dirtiness everywhere too, like how cities just "feel" dirty...as well as the obvious gross bathrooms, overflowing trash bins, etc.

I returned in November and didn't notice all the same stuff. It was like a different place. I think the summer crowds just are hard to keep up with and I feel like with the extended park hours, maintenance takes a back seat.

First week of May I felt like everything was looking great, outside of the fact that they had scrims up at the MK working on things - The Emporium, shops behind castle, Sunshine Tree Terrace, and one of the monorail stations. To me that was a sign that they were fixing things up, not letting them go. Having been there five months prior in December, I didn't notice anything glaringly different from any previous trips in the summer.

Ummm... not really, aside from normal wear n' tear and maintainence in a FL climate...

I mean, if you're not counting closed attractions or buildings...

I was there, and the thing I noticed was that they are doing a lot of work on upgrades, improvements and new things. Which is a good thing. I didn't notice anything run down, looking shabby or bad or less on point than in my past visits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter