What is happening to Photo Pass?

Kenndickson

Earning My Ears
Machines replacing photographers? The machine just keeps snapping pics. Not posed, out of focus, nothing worth Memory Maker. Save your money and use your own camera. The outside photographers are young and untrained. We had to ask for the "Magic shot" more than once. Very sad indeed.

Thank you for the update. Sad, sad, sad! This is just another example of how Disney is cutting costs and customer service. Ugg.

I didn't have any meets with the box so I can't comment there but I had a lot of magic shots last week without asking. Also had 21 pics from my meet wiyh joy and sadness which was great. Probably helped that i had my homemade sadness ears on but I've never had that many.

My biggest issue.was the few that took only two pics. Just because I'm solo doesn't mean I don't want options.

Well I think we would have preferred a box to the photographer at O'hanas who took the most horrible photos of our entire trip. They make you wait until the end to meet with Pluto with a CM photographer. His camera settings were so bad that every photo is dark to the point you can't even tell who anyone is (including the big dog himself).

I agree, I would rather work with a person vs. a camera in a box. So this has not been one of the my favorite enhancements. I didn't run into one of these in June when we were there, but I also didn't do a lot of photos because we were only there 2 evenings for that trip.

As far as photographers, we haven't had any issues recently with them not taking good photos or enough photos. I think for theme park photos they usually turn out really good. And for the price it's still a bargain.

This is from a former photopass CM on how, why, what to do, and speculation on will it work. Personally I will be handing my phone to the next person in line if those boxes are around 426500
because at least this way I stand a chance to get a photo like this.
A little about what was going on This is my now 11 year old daughter at 27.5 months old developmentally delayed and non verbal doing her first spontaneous communication with someone outside of Mom, Dad, Sister, Grandma, and 1 of her Aunts. She is handing her autograph book (every other character I had to do this) to Minnie Mouse and with her other hand signing please. My little girl who has Apraxia is working hard on learning to use her communication app and when we are able to return this mama wants those photos of her interacting with her favorite character.

My most recent trip we noticed the majority of photo pass photographers were rushing through pics and barely giving us time to pose. We ended up with a ton of awkward looking photos that weren’t even that great quality. I think the cameras need to be upgraded more than anything.

Perhaps Everyone needs to be a bit more vocal with our expectations... if we feel rushed or Not getting the right vibe.. looks like this too is sliding downhill :(.
Say it isn’t so.
My biggest complaint last visit was getting 2 ride pix that weren’t even Us!! Ugh! Awful

We haven't encountered "the box" yet. We only do photos with live photographers and ride photos.

The one exception, which I highly recommend for everyone, is the video magic shot at the hub where it focuses on you, then zooms way out to see the whole castle, then zooms back in. The camera is automated but there is a CM there setting you up and activating it. It's a great effect.

We have yet to get a single ride photo. We've been wearing our magic bands so I'm not sure what's up.

We have yet to get a single ride photo. We've been wearing our magic bands so I'm not sure what's up.
I wonder if it is like the photoboxes (watch the sir willow video posted earlier in this thread) and after you are done with the ride you need to scan your magic band that you were on that particular cycle of the ride to get your photos attatched or if there is a screen and you need to scan your magic band on the appropriate photo or photos containing you and your group. To me that would be easy enough to forget to do. OK we've rode this ride now it's tme to go see if we can get on this ride or grab something to eat busy schedule.

Just came back from Disney and used the photo pass. A lot of the times, we were rushed through the pictures. Looking at them no one is smiling at the same time, weird faces, arm positions, trying to set up for the picture. The quality of the shots wasn’t the same as last year.
The ONLY place that we got any magic shots was AK. The photographers actually offered them without being asked. Once I realized that I needed to ask for the magic shots (last year didn’t need to ask, they were just done) the photographers seemed annoyed that we were asking and this was towards the end of our trip. ☹️
Some of the photographers seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Gilbert from Chicago in AK was awesome. Others seemed either disinterested, cameras down while talking to the handler, or ok 1,2,3 next.
Oh and we did the tinker bell with the photo box and got 78 photos. Some were nice, some ok. But what was funny is that I was sitting on the floor off to the side taking pictures and the box kept including me in the pictures.😂🤣 But no one corrected this during the interaction.

I wonder if it is like the photoboxes (watch the sir willow video posted earlier in this thread) and after you are done with the ride you need to scan your magic band that you were on that particular cycle of the ride to get your photos attatched or if there is a screen and you need to scan your magic band on the appropriate photo or photos containing you and your group. To me that would be easy enough to forget to do. OK we've rode this ride now it's tme to go see if we can get on this ride or grab something to eat busy schedule.
Yep, after the rides and photo boxes the is a station to scan your Magic band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!