What is something that has changed in your lifetime that you personally refuse to change?

And Goethe Park.
Given that nobody in Sacramento could pronounce that correctly (No it isn't Gay tee, nor is it g oh th) I'm all for the change just for that. However, in addition, Goethe founded the Eugenics society of Northern California and was an out and out racist. Goethe also recommended required sterilization of the 'socially unfit', and praised German scientists who used a comprehensive sterilization program to 'purify' the Aryan race before the outbreak of WW2. Goethe praised the Nazis before and after World War II, and practiced discrimination in his business dealings, refusing to sell real estate to Mexicans and Asians. He also funded anti Asian programs and was a Xenophobe claiming among other things that immigrants pollute our blood. He blamed social problems on the inferior genes of the suffering again suggesting forced sterilization. Is that the hill you wish to die on or is River Bend Park good enough for you?

Probably makes me terrible, but I sit Indian style, not criss cross applesauce or whatever you call it today. I also still make Indians in canoes for my niece, instead of ants on a log.

criss cross applesauce
That is a new one on me.

Calling St Patrick's Day - Green Day - never ever will I do that, but when my kid was in public school they tried to do that. As far as I am concerned Green Day is a crappy Clash cover band.

Oxford comma and double spaces for life.

Oxford comma, yes, double spaces, no. Computers have automatic kerning and double spaces are no longer needed. If you were using a typewriter though, then yes, double space.

Given that nobody in Sacramento could pronounce that correctly (No it isn't Gay tee, nor is it g oh th) I'm all for the change just for that. However, in addition, Goethe founded the Eugenics society of Northern California and was an out and out racist. Goethe also recommended required sterilization of the 'socially unfit', and praised German scientists who used a comprehensive sterilization program to 'purify' the Aryan race before the outbreak of WW2. Goethe praised the Nazis before and after World War II, and practiced discrimination in his business dealings, refusing to sell real estate to Mexicans and Asians. He also funded anti Asian programs and was a Xenophobe claiming among other things that immigrants pollute our blood. He blamed social problems on the inferior genes of the suffering again suggesting forced sterilization. Is that the hill you wish to die on or is River Bend Park good enough for you?
Always heard it pronounced Gay tee. I think renaming a community asset instead of using such situations as a teaching moment is a mistake. It seems like an attempt to cover up history. He had a major positive and negative impact on Sacramento, and future generations should know the whole story IMHO.

Social media.....I use none
Not sure what I would have done if my job hadn't made having a Facebook and Twitter account a job requirement about 15 years ago. Not sure if I would have opened an account otherwise.

I still prefer desktop computers to laptops or tablets. Easier for me to use, higher performance, and repairable.
Or Phones IMO - its getting harder as they are pushing more and more things to apps - so they can track you more and more.

I also have zero interest in social media and that includes Zoom! I also prefer a Desktop computer but am so grateful right now due to a health situation to have a laptop with a full keyboard and mouse. An old version Kindle is very handy as well. I prefer old fashioned physical books. I don't use electronic calendars or organizers. I might make computer lists to save but will take the time to do that. Dad and I both handwrite shopping lists and keep wall calendars too. I prefer to talk to someone rather than to do so electronically. Physical greeting cards are the best!

I'm really not into social media. I don't want to spend time telling others what's going on in my life. If they are my friends/family, they already know.

I don't understand how people have hundreds/thousands of "friends" on Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok etc. I have a few close friends who know my life. Why would I want to share that with people who aren't really my friends? Unless posts are used for marketing (to gain/keep customers, etc.), why would people share personal things? I just don't get it.

I'm really not into social media. I don't want to spend time telling others what's going on in my life. If they are my friends/family, they already know.

I don't understand how people have hundreds/thousands of "friends" on Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok etc. I have a few close friends who know my life. Why would I want to share that with people who aren't really my friends? Unless posts are used for marketing (to gain/keep customers, etc.), why would people share personal things? I just don't get it.
I can obviously only speak for myself, but my Facebook “friends” are primarily old high school classmates and extended family that I otherwise would not keep in touch with. Social media allows me to see what they’re doing, what their kids have accomplished, etc. My Facebook is a wonderful, positive place. It’s certainly not for everyone but I wanted to reply just to help you understand why some people do use it.

To answer the question in the thread: I am an unapologetic double spacer.

Don’t use paper statements. This way if I die husband will know what bills we have.

Buy a manual car whenever possible.

I can obviously only speak for myself, but my Facebook “friends” are primarily old high school classmates and extended family that I otherwise would not keep in touch with. Social media allows me to see what they’re doing, what their kids have accomplished, etc. My Facebook is a wonderful, positive place. It’s certainly not for everyone but I wanted to reply just to help you understand why some people do use it.

To answer the question in the thread: I am an unapologetic double spacer.
Same here- plus I have a bunch of my ex boyfriends on mine- we still keep in touch- in fact I have some of their wives on there too LOL.

digital everything. the only reason my collection of movies and old tv shows contains some digital copies are b/c the hard copies came with them. anything that i believe is of importance to retain record wise i print out a hard copy of for safe keeping-a practice that served me well a few years back when despite my former government employer insisting to staff/retirees that there was no need to continue providing hard copies of a yearly verification when they could send/retrieve 'instantly' it digitaly they/their contracted vendor were unable to. having made a hard copy every year and filing it away with my old snail-mailed hard copies saved me thousands of dollars.

I always wear a slip under a dress or skirt. First, it's more comfortable, and secondly, my dear grandma would roll in her grave if she knew I did not a slip on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter