What is the best approach when eating at Cape May Cafe?

Tangled Pink

Mouseketeer
Ok so this is a strange question and haven't seen anyone ask this before! Please don't laugh but I want to have confidence eating at my beloved buffet next time we visit. What is the best way to eat crab legs? Last time I tried cracking them wherever and couldn't get any meat off the shells. I realized at the very end when I was extremely full, that you had to crack them in the middle. I was also unsuccessful cracking the crab claws. Is that what the little hammers are for? How do you get the meat off of them? What about the pails? Do you put the legs in the pails at the buffet and carry to the table or do you throw the empties in them when you are finished eating them? My husband still teases me about our meal there and said that he was thinking about hosing me down afterwards since I made such a mess! :rotfl2:

Lol! Crab legs are always a gloriously messy meal! Crack ‘em hot—it’s a buffet and you can go back for more, so don’t get a huge plate at once. Like you said, snap in the middle of the legs and use the cracker to get into the claw. if I have a piece of meat that gets stuck when it snap the leg in half, I like to hook a tine of my fork into the shell and use that to zip it open to extract the meat. Happy crab eating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter