What is the best way to get from the Poly to the Whispering Canyon Cafe?

kaseyC

Mom to 3 lovely Princesses
We are staying at the Poly in August and I made a PS for the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. Is the bus the only way to get there or could we possibly take a boat?

Originally posted by kaseyC
We are staying at the Poly in August and I made a PS for the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. Is the bus the only way to get there or could we possibly take a boat?

Transportation from resort to resort is really not that good. The most convienet and quickest was would be to drive or take a taxi from the Poly to the WL. If driving or taking a taxi is not an option then I suggest the following assuming you are going to be traveling while the MK is still open.

Take the monorail from the Poly to the MK and then take the boat that runs from the MK to the WL.

No No No

No taxi is needed

we have gone three times from Poly to Whispering Canyon

the best way to go is to take ferry to Magic Kingdon, jump off and walk a hundred feet or so to the ferry for Wilderness Lodge---the whole trip should only take 20 minutes, and it is a very nice little ride

simply reverse the order to get back

Originally posted by sandramaac
No No No

No taxi is needed

we have gone three times from Poly to Whispering Canyon

the best way to go is to take ferry to Magic Kingdon, jump off and walk a hundred feet or so to the ferry for Wilderness Lodge---the whole trip should only take 20 minutes, and it is a very nice little ride

simply reverse the order to get back

Hi sandramaac,

Do the ferry's run if the MK has already closed? I know the OP did not mention times. I am just asking for my own knowledge.

The ferry from MK to WL does quit running shortly after the park closes.

After MK is closed, you can take the bus from WL to the TTC and then monorail to the Polynesian.

When we were there last October and took a bus to Animal Kingdom, MGM or Epcot, it often stopped at the Poly first. I don't know if that is still true or not since that was when they were just starting the whole bus on demand thing.

There is also a boat that runs continuously from Wilderness Lodge to the Contemporary, so another option would be to take the monorail to the Contemporary, walk out to the dock, and take the boat to the Wilderness Lodge. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge and did that when we had lunch at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian.

Thanks for the quick responses. We will be going for a 5:30 pm PS, so we really do not have to worry about MK closing.

Quickest route from Poly to WL is to walk to the TTC from the Poly and take the Boone from the TTC to WL.

If you don't want to walk - then monorail to TTC and take the Boone to WL. Stops at WL before it heads to FW.

To go back from WL to Poly, take the Crockett to the TTC and walk (or monorail) to the Poly. :)

Catch the monorail from the Poly to the Mk, disembark, and walk over to the ferry that will take you to WL. If MK is closed at the time you wish to go, then take the monorail to the Contemporary, disembark, walk out back, and catch that ferry to WL.

If you're the least bit adventurous you could walk(!) It really isn't that far; I'd be very surprised if it were more than a mile, and I suspect it's less. If you're decent hikers you'll be there in 15 min, less than any other proposed method. There aren't sidewalks on the road to WL, but don't that bother you.

If anyone asks though, you didn't hear it from me. I don't think Disney likes people walking to WL. Otherwise they would have built a sidewalk.

If your PS is for the evening and you're afraid the boat will stop running before your dinner is done, then remember that there is always the taxi option for the ride home. Take the boat to the WL, as outlined above. If it's not running by the time you're done, watch the Electric Water Pageant from the dock of the WL then cab home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter