what is the best way to save up another meal?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
We are going in July and have 4 adults (me, DH, DD 14 and DD 11) and one child (DS 8). I would like to save up at least TS 3 meals so we can a nice lunch before we leave to go home.
Should we
1) have the girls share one adult meal at 3 of our TS meals, to save 3 TS credits, while DH and I eat adult meals and DS gets a kid's meal? I think this would work at the places where there is a lot of food--I don't know if they can eat that much.
2) OR, should I just have DS eat OOP at 3 or 4 of our TS meals (the cheaper ones LOL) to save up some TS credits?
Robin M.

Well, I'd kind of play it by ear so to speak. During the course of the vacation both scenarios might work out and not having anyone tied to the sacrifice might be the best thing. I figure DD who is considered an adult price now, but is 10 may want an occasional kids meal which I will pay OOP. DS though 14 might prefer to share with DD one meal, DD and I might share at a meal or two, etc. I plan on figuring out the particulars as I go along. Just in case I have considered the possibility of paying for one meal OOP.

I have a 2 year old who we won't have credits for AND we're using 2 TS credits at CRT, so I, too, am going to try to save some credits for an extra CS or two.

I found for me that going through the allears menus for all the places we plan to eat helped me to determine the better places to 'save up' some credits. I found places where we would likely have 2 of us liking a similar meal OR I found places that offer milkshakes as the 'drink' - For me, a milkshake practically fills me up anyway on its own so I plan to share meals here since I won't be really hungry for much food.

Of course, I'm planning to that detail but I'm going to be a lot more flexible when we're there. If none of us want the same meal, even if I've planned to share - we'll just buy OOP on our last day. It is vacation after all!

My grown DD and I share one meal lots of times - even before the DP! Last year we had those vouchers (I don't remember what they were called) that were basically the same as a TS credit. If you get a pretty hefty appetizer and then a meal and plus dessert - that was enough to fill us up! So I'd think it would easily be enough for your girls to share and both feel satisfied. I'd have them take turns - one picks the appetizer, one the entree and then switch the next time.

We are in the same boat, so I made a list of all the places we want to eat, then wrote in the number of credits we HAD to have (ex: buffet, character and parents only meals.)

So I had:
Liberty Tree- 5 Chef Mickey - 5 Ohana - 5 1900 PF - 2 Le Cellier - 2

that took 19 of our 35 TS credits, leaving 16 for the other 4 meals.

Sci Fi, Kona, Concourse, Coral Reef

We know we will use only 4 credits at those meals but who gets what is being left up in the air. If ds11 and ds122 can agree on shared food we will go that way, if not we will pay oop for ds6, or even have ds11 and ds6 share a meal (child or adult)

We are squeaking 9 TS meals out of a 7 night stay, we'll worry about the details later. Hubby already thinks I am nuts, just making dinner plans in advance, If I planned what to order he might divorce me ;)

order 4 adult meals at 4 of your TS restaurants. share with the 5th person (there will be PLENTY of food...you really only need 3 meals to fill 5 people).

you'll save up 4 credits to use on your last day. you can order 4 adult meals with those credits.

formernyer said:
order 4 adult meals at 4 of your TS restaurants. share with the 5th person (there will be PLENTY of food...you really only need 3 meals to fill 5 people).

you'll save up 4 credits to use on your last day. you can order 4 adult meals with those credits.

That's exactly what I was thinking but the morality police bug me so I didn't write it. Plus, I can see Coral Reef being one that we will order 3a, 1c because the little one will want the pasta alfredo and that is not on the adult menu. Hubby and I told the kids if they are willing to share meals we would share desserts so they can each have their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter