What is the earliest you have dropped your bags off?

glamdring269

DIS Veteran
We're heading to WDW in October and are booked at BWV from Oct 5th - Oct 10th. Usually we will just fly in on check in day but I think this year we are going to fly in on the 4th and stay at the nearby Hampton. My plan is to get up super early, Lyft/Uber over to BWV, drop the bags off since I'm sure our room won't be available, and then either walk over to DHS or take a bus over to AKL.

I just wanted to check to see if there is a "too early" point for dropping bags off. Definitely don't want to show up at 6am and get stuck sitting in the lobby with our bags.

(If there is anything else we might need to consider with this plan that I may not be thinking about please feel free to let me know!)

Should have asked one other question...

Would I be able to take advantage of morning EMH on our check in date? I believe the answer to this is "yes" but just wanted to double check.

Regarding your travel bags, it is not too early to drop them off early in the morning. Probably you could drop them off without any concern anytime after mid night. Dropping them off in early morning hours should not be a problem at all. You might even be able to drop them off the day before but you should probably call and check on that. I do know that Disney sometimes will receive shipments from Amazon or food supply places that arrived a day or so before people check in and they generally store it without any problem.

As for early morning hours on check-in d I do not know . However it makes sense that you could take advantage of it. Why don't you call member services or just the Disney reservation line and talk to them.

Bell services is open 24/7.

And yes you’ll be able to do emh.

Don’t be afraid to choose the earliest time in online checkin for when you’ll get there. That will let them know that IF they have a room that was open the night before, that you will be there and might want it.

I will just warn you, as a frequent BWV stayer, that they rarely have a room ready before 3:00-3:30. I once even got room ready at 4:25pm. Stayed there like 7 times and only once was it before 3pm. It was like 11:30 that time which was a big surprise (we had P/G view and requested the area with balcony overlooking green grassy lawn and side view of boardwalk and got it....plus early room ready to boot...was a good trip).

We're heading to WDW in October and are booked at BWV from Oct 5th - Oct 10th. Usually we will just fly in on check in day but I think this year we are going to fly in on the 4th and stay at the nearby Hampton. My plan is to get up super early, Lyft/Uber over to BWV, drop the bags off since I'm sure our room won't be available, and then either walk over to DHS or take a bus over to AKL.

I just wanted to check to see if there is a "too early" point for dropping bags off. Definitely don't want to show up at 6am and get stuck sitting in the lobby with our bags.

(If there is anything else we might need to consider with this plan that I may not be thinking about please feel free to let me know!)

I now drive thru the night and have arrived before 6am many times. Checked my bags, gone to breakfast, rope dropped and gone back sometime after getting the room number texted. Stopped by bell services and let them know I was headed to the room. My bags are brought up shortly.

I will just warn you, as a frequent BWV stayer, that they rarely have a room ready before 3:00-3:30. I once even got room ready at 4:25pm. Stayed there like 7 times and only once was it before 3pm. It was like 11:30 that time which was a big surprise (we had P/G view and requested the area with balcony overlooking green grassy lawn and side view of boardwalk and got it....plus early room ready to boot...was a good trip).

Now there is one where we've been fortunate - we almost always stay at BWV - and have our room ready by 2 usually - sometimes earlier. We never ever get our request, but we do end up in a room before 3.

Just to add: we regularly stay at the Doubletree north of the airport the night before (Marlowe's Tavern is our favorite restaurant in that area BTW). We then take the airport shuttle to the United curb, get out and go down the elevator to DME. It runs 24 hrs and we have, in the earlier hours had a bus to ourselves. Not to Dis the lyft or Uber idea if you'd rather. Have a good trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter