What is the Monsters Inc ride like at DCA?

calena

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br> <font color=g
Going through our schedule, the only rides I am really intersted in at DCA are Soarin, Grizzly and Monsters Inc. What is Monsters Inc like? Just still trying to decide if we want to go to DCA or not on this trip. One option is to go for the Halloween party at night when the rides are open too. I would assume those rides would be open. Thanks.
Deb

Monsters Inc is a dark ride that follows the movie very closely. We really enjoy it. Very cute. If anyone in your party is a fan of Monsters Inc I would make a point to go and ride it.

It's a dark ride like Winnie the Pooh, Roger Rabbit, and those in Fantasyland. It tells the story of the movie Monsters Inc. It's a nice enough ride, my 8 year old really liked. I liked it better than the dark rides in Fantasyland.

I thought it was a cute ride. You ride in a car through Monstropolis and you're basically helping Mike & Sulley find Boo. I actually had more fun in line reading and looking at all the cool different signs and props they had on the walls! LOL! :teeth:

We found it really adorable. Even the line is cute, it's like a subway station. You get on the ride, which is a taxi type car. There are small TV monitors on the cars that start off the ride, like a news broadcast talking about a child being loose in town. Basically it does follow the movie story, right down to the part with all the doors. At the end, gosh I can't remember the characters name, she's kinda like a big slug with glasses. LOL Anyway they have someone REALLy talking to the guests on the ride. It was a blast when she started telling my son how she liked his glasses, and if he wanted to trade! The next time she asked if we were married because she was looking for a husband, I told her she could have him! LOL

my youngest is 8 and he was completely bored with it, HOWEVER I was pretty amazed at the doors!!!

arliepooh68 said:
my youngest is 8 and he was completely bored with it, HOWEVER I was pretty amazed at the doors!!!

Really? My 8 year old loved it. It was his favorite ride in DCA.

It has some very nice effects. Besides "Roz" talking to you at the end of the ride, there is an effect where the Randall Boggs character (the "bad guy" in the movie) becomes invisible, and then later when Boo is hitting him with a club and he changes color and pattern at each strike. Good stuff. They put a lot more into this one than the Bug's Land rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter