What is the One Restaurant that is a MUSt?

JJB123

Earning My Ears
Hi- first trip around Christmastime. Staying outside of the parks, but do have our park reservations to all of them.
We typically do DCL- so this is all new to us. Which restaurants- regardless if they are at a resort or park should I try to get a ADR at? BTW- we have done the Royal Tea on DCL multiple times- so I really don’t think CRT is a must.
We are a family of 5 (age range 9-12).
I can’t thank you enough in advance!

Chefs de France. Whispering Canyon could be fun for your group.

My kids love Whispering Canyon. We really don't eat lunch in Magic Kingdom if we can help it. The kids also like Raglan Road. The only must for my husband and I seems to be Yak and Yeti, but we have a Landry's card and it makes it easy. I also really like the bread at Sanaa and the kids like seeing the animals if you get a good table.

I am focusing on places that are currently open

Our musts are Sanaa at AKL Kidani. (go for lunch or early dinner so that you can see the animals) and Califonia Grill at the Contemporary (since there are no fireworks, aim for sunset)

Kids often enjoy Sci-Fi at the Studios and due to its popularity and distancing issues, it can be hard to book.

Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge is fun.

There are a couple of character meals featuring Mickey and Friends - breakfast at Topolino's at the Riviera, lunch and dinner at Garden Grill at the Land in Epcot. Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary will be restarting the character meals in mid-December.

With your family I have to suggest Sci-Fi Dine In Theater at the Studios. It is all about the atmosphere. I think the kids will love the drive in movie theme with the cars and movie shorts playing. Get some burgers and milkshakes and enjoy!

My kids love Whispering Canyon. We really don't eat lunch in Magic Kingdom if we can help it. The kids also like Raglan Road. The only must for my husband and I seems to be Yak and Yeti, but we have a Landry's card and it makes it easy. I also really like the bread at Sanaa and the kids like seeing the animals if you get a good table.
What does the Landry card do?

If it's open, Hoop De Doo is a must. Especially for your kids' age groups. You might catch your 12 yr old having some real "still a kid" laughs.

These types of asks are always interesting because so many people have such different tastes when it comes to food. We've only scratched the surface with our WDW dining experiences but some or our faves are:

Boma (currently closed)
Tusker House (currently closed)
Liberty Tree Tavern
Garden Grill
Columbia Harbour House - CS (currently closed)
Homecomin'

Our favorites include:
  • Teppan Edo (Japanese Hibachi)
  • Chefs de France
  • Le Cellier
  • 50s Prime Time Cafe
  • Boma (not yet open)
  • 1900 Park Fair (not yet open)
Good luck picking the restaurants. I usually look over menus and make decisions based on the menus.

We like to try a couple new restaurants each time we visit, but our faves are Narcoossee’s, Raglan Road and Sci-fi.

Boma (when it’s open) and Homecomin’ are the first reservations I get. And in the case of Homecomin’ that’s often necessary if we want to eat there. So good.

I miss O'hana and Crystal Palace - always my top two!!

Gonna base this on what is open as of today:
-Yak & Yeti (animal kingdom)
-Tony's (magic kingdom - for cost and outdoor seating, may get to see cavalcades)
-Nov. Food & Wine Booths (epcot... or, garden grill - to see characters and relax inside... though, if it wasn't food & wine, I'd like to try one of the WS restaurants)
-Cinderella's Castle (magic kingdom - not sure of the value right no without characters, but it is really cool to eat inside the castle, plus if you get a reservation a few minutes before park close you will get to experience a wonderful walk out of the park afterwards)

pirate: I have to have "The hole in the wall" first day, first night, of the trip! It gets me lubed up for the trip. OH, you meant food. There is really only one must do each trip and it is a tradition for us. MK day we always eat at the Plaza. Don't care what we are eating, who is surrounding us or who is waiting on us, the feeling of being there is all we need. It is us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter