What is the procedure for....

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
switching park hoppers to AP's? My little ones and myself all have AP's that we bought online and got the actual passes this past June. However my dh and sd don't have any. I bought them 3 day park hoppers from getaway today and I wanted to convert them to AP's on our trip next month.

How does this work? Do I just go to the normal AP processing place? Do I just have to pay the difference between what I paid for the hoppers and the AP? And when do you recommend doing this. We are going on Veteran's weekend Fri, Sat and Sun. Should we do it towards mid day or early evening?

Thanks so much for your help.

Also do we still exchange vouchers from getaway today at Guest Services or do we have to go to a ticket window now? I am confused cuz I have always gone to Guest Services but someone told me I have to go to a ticket window.

OH and sorry one last thing. WE are going on Dec 29th and that is a blackout day so do I have to get in a ticket line to pay my 30 bucks for that day to get a ticket?

Thanks so much to anyone who knows the answers to these questions!! :)

You still need to go to the ticket window to either pay for the difference or get the difference back. THen you head over to the AP proccess center for your picture and pass...

Is there are reason you have hoppers and want to change them to APs? Are you going on a block out date, and then want to convert after that date? Have they had APs before?

If you bought hoppers, and changed your mind to an AP, and they've had APs before then I would suggest if you have a voucher that has to be changed anyway to just convert it to an AP at that time. They should be able to use your old picture.

You can upgrade a hopper to an AP outside (either guest services or ticket booths), or inside at the AP center. If you don't have a picture already, you might as well just upgrade inside so you don't have to stand in line twice.

The Guest Services window can process any transactions that you can do at the ticket booths. However the ticket booths can not processes every transaction that can be done at the Guest Services window. Usually I have found GS to have a shorter line so generally go there. You may have heard that it is now possible to turn them in at the ticket booth, but you will still be able to go to GS to do it.

As for the block out day ticket, yes, you will need to stand in line either at Guest Services or ticket booth to buy your ticket.

Donna

Thanks so much for the info. Here is the deal. My mom and I got AP's last summer for ourselves and my 2 girls. I didn't buy AP's for my dh and stepdaughter cuz they didn't go on that trip with us.

Then when we decided to go down for Veteran's weekend I bought a package with hotel and 3 day park hoppers through getaway today. AFTER I bought everything I decided that I wanted to upgrade dh's and sd's hoppers to AP's because we are going down in Dec and SD is going with me and my mom and girls in Feb and then we are ALL going again next June. SOOO I figured it would be better to upgrade since we will save money in the long run.

I already have my vouchers from getaway today but dh and sd don't have pics as they have never had passes before. So I am assuming I will have to exchange the vouchers at GS, get my hoppers and THEN go in to main street and change them to AP's so they can get a pic taken.

As for Dec we will all have AP's by then but since it is a blockout day I will have to pay the 30 bucks each for us to be able to go.

I hope all that made sense LOL. I just would like to expedite things and not stand in any more lines then I have to.

Thanks for any and all help. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter