What is the worst purchase you ever made?

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
Red Pants, I know it wasnt an expensive one but its one that will live infamy at low keys house. When I was a young teen, my grandmother gave me money to buy some school clothes (up until this day, and all days after it i would get school clothes, by coming home and my mom would have the stuff she bought laid out on my bed).

Anyway I wanted to go bold and bought a pair of red pants. My mom and dad, kept telling me to take them back "Jay you never will wear them " . But I knew I would. Well I never wore them, and from that day forward anyone about to make a dumb purchase everyone says "it will be just like Jays red pants"

I bought a BBQ grill once. At the time, I didn't have a backyard-not even one of those tiny South Philly cinderblock boxes. I had come into some money, and I was looking in Home Depot for some paint. I saw this gorgeous red grill and bought it. Everybody in my family laughed at me, which just made me stubborn and refuse to take it back. I put it in the basement, and when we prepared to move some years later, it was still there. I sold it at a deep loss.

Sleep Number bed - we've had it for about 5 years now, and I figure in a couple more we'll have put in enough time and will be able to buy a new mattress.

Dodge Caravan. Worst vehicle ever. A total lemon. I poured thousands of dollars into repairs before I finally ditched it for a new van.

I have read that the particular year of van I owned was notoriously bad, but I will never, ever purchase another Dodge.

GE Refrigerator. Worst piece of junk I ever bought. After repairing it numerous times finally let it go after 3 years.

refrigerator would be mine also, but it would be a Frigidaire. After 2 months, it developed a shrunken freezer lining, and I had to fight for 2 months more to get them to take it back. They declared it wasn't a fixable problem. Went back to Whirlpool and Maytag, will never buy a Frigidaire anything in the future.

My Frigidaire washer and dryer. Washer is gross, mildew spot build up in the gasket, can't ever close the door, have to run a hot empty bleach load every 4 loads or so (there goes that "water saving" feature). Had to take it apart to fix several times including a faulty door lock where it leaked all over the floor. The dryer, when new, had a small gap between the drum and the door frame and ruined a ton of my tank tops and kids clothing because they would get caught and ripped apart. About 2 years in the drum supports collapsed and had to be replaced. Doesn't eat clothes anymore but now the motor started making a weird noise. They're 12 years old and just hoping they die soon.

Sleep Number bed - we've had it for about 5 years now, and I figure in a couple more we'll have put in enough time and will be able to buy a new mattress.

Same, only I'm less than 4 years in. My husband talked me into it because we couldn't agree on the firmness of a mattress.

We sleep on the same freaking number - 100.

I'm sure there has been many but the first thing that popped in my head was the living room rug we bought last year. It wasn't super expensive but it will be a pain in the butt to replace.

My first vehicle, 1978 Chevy Vega. I was a poor HS student and this was all I could afford. Should've kept saving and bought something better. Very cheap replacement engines--I know, because I put 3 in it.

On Spaceship Earth there's a Vega outside the garage scene. Whenever I go by it I feel this strange combination of nostalgia and PTSD.

2013 Nissan Pathfinder. Had to fight with Nissan for a year to lemon it out. It had transmission issues from day #3.

It's a toss up between 2 separate german made cars. I love them, but they are so expensive to repair. Dh's Toyota van and my little sedan both needed new radiators within a couple of weeks of each other. Mine cost 3 times what his did.

Nothing so far in nearly 61 years. There are advantages to being cheap and never buying anything.

But seriously, extended warranties on used cars. Done that 3 times. 1 car had no issues, 2 others did....that were not covered by the warranty.

But seriously, extended warranties on used cars. Done that 3 times. 1 car had no issues, 2 others did....that were not covered by the warranty.

My Dad always said, "Buy the warranty and something will happen to it the day after the warranty expires." With my luck, I took that to heart and never bought an extended warranty.

Probably our 2007 Explorer. I was T-Boned in our 04 Explorer, while driving our then DD2 and newborn and we all walked away without a scratch, so I was adamant I wanted another Explorer. Big mistake.

We've rebuilt the transmission, then the radiator blew, then the timing chain and now it is waiting on DH to have time to rebuild the engine, all within 2 years (he has the rebuild kit). Just one nightmare after the other. DH reminds me though, it will "practically be an brand new car!" once he's done with it.

Maytag Dryer with a steamer cabinet, I longed for it for a while, we finally bought it and it worked great for 6 months, then kept breaking.
They couldn't fix it, I was so mad, I didn't want a refund, I wanted my steamer cabinet.
I was refunded and used the dryer for several more years.
I will never purchase Maytag again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!