What is your favourite DVC Resort??

KayleeUK

Still here.....
Well my home is the Boardwalk and I of course love that but in order mine would be.....

1. BWV
2=. BCV - loved our recent stay here, close to Epcot and SAB is a great bonus :)
2=. VWL - I didn't think I would like this resort, but it was great I love the proximity to MK and the huge lobby
3. OKW - Really didn't enjoy our stay here seemed to far away from things if you don't have a car, only good thing is the low points.

Have yet to try SSR, HHR and VBR :)

Hmm, tricky question :scratchin

Our Home resort is VWL, and we have also stayed at BWV, OKW and SSR. VWL will always be my favourite resort, but I don't think we'll necessarily stay there the most (if there remains a choice). The boat trip over to MK is a magical touch.

I absolutely loved BWV and can't wait to stay there again, although DH didn't like it much :rolleyes: I loved the feel of the resort as well as the fantastic location for Epcot and MGM.

I really like OKW for it's relaxed away-from-the-parks feel and the parking outside the units (never thought that would be important to me until I stayed in VWL and BWV!). DH loves OKW for the fishing and I suppose that's part of the appeal for me, too. Not that I fish, but if it keeps DH happy.... :rolleyes: ... and I like the boat trip to DD :boat: , especially in the dark.

I wasn't quite so keen on SSR, although I can see us staying there again sometime. I like the walk to DD, and the quiet pool was fabulous, and maybe I'll like it more when the whole resort is finished.

BCV doesn't appeal to me at the moment, but I'll reserve judgement until we've stayed there. VB and HH are definitely on our 'must do' list - we're hopig to include VB in our next trip, whenever that may be!

My home resorts are OKW and BCV. Most of my points are at OKW and that's where we stayed for our first DVC stay this Feb. I thought it was a gorgeous place - and we had such a relaxing time that we came back of our holiday feeling, apart from a bit of jet lag, absolutely wonderful!!! I don't mind being away from the action - it's only a quick bus ride away. Also didn't have a car, but that didn't make much difference to us either.

Looking forward to trying out BCV one day - I LOVE Epcot and the Epcot area. But I think those huge rooms at OKW will be hard to beat - and for less points too!! ;)

So having only stayed at one DVC resort, it's difficult to rank them fairly. But based on what I've seen, and what I find appealing, I will say -

OKW - for the reasons already stated
BVC - love the Epcot area, and one day I'll get to try Stormalong Bay
SSR - only had a very quick look round, but it looks nice
BWV - again for the Epcot area, but very put off by THAT clown
VWL - the rooms look too dark and woodsy for my liking!!

I'm not including VB or HH, because for the number of times I manage to get to the US (i.e. not enough) I want to be at WDW!!!

Oh my :teeth:

I've only stayed at BWV and SSR so far.

We pool hopped, had a meal and spent some time at OKW last trip and I have to say, I really liked the relaxed feel of it. I am seriouwsly tempted to spend a few nights here next trip, when we won't have annual passes and proximity to the parks far less of an issue or us.

There is a problem with this, though ;)

The points are cheaper, sure. But to my mind you don't get the same value at OKW in a studio - they aren't that much bigger than studios elsewhere. But the 1 bedrooms are HUGE! So I almost feel it would be obligatory to try a 1 BR here rather than a studio - so rather than that taking less points to stay it would take more than a studio elsewhere :teeth:

The BWV. What can I say, I loved it here. The location was unbeatable. Our room was high up, with a great view of Luna Park pool and TOT; we could hear the Fantasmic music and see the lasers from our balcony. There is a wealth of dining choices and (free) entertainment here. The atmosphere is better than any I have found elsewhere in WDW and it just "suited" me down to the ground here. I found it was just "my thing". I dod not go much on the decor in the rooms (not my taste) and the room we were in was a bit shabby in places. Did it matter? Nope, no siree, not one jot. I would not have swapped this BWV stay for anything :) :)

SSR. We have stayed here twice (it's our home resort) and I love the relaxed feel here. It needs a table service restaurant (rumour says one is coming, I hope so) but we love DTD so the location is, for us, fabulous. It is going to be very big when it is finished though! Part of the reason we chose SSR was that we could envisage ourselves coming over for holidays, staying at SSR and not going to the parks at all. We did not feel we could do the same with one of the other DVC resorts (with the possible exception of OKW), namely be close to the parks and not go in. We think in years to come we may want to go to WDW and not "do" the parks as much. Of course, this is another advantage to SSR; the location is great to quickly get offsite for shopping / dining etc.

I would like to stay at BCV, but having driven round the area a bit I can see that some of the rooms really are not in a good place at all. I think it would be great here if you got an OK room. I do really love the Beach Club theme and amenities :)

VWL - would like to stay here. I love the WL but with the price of staying here I think it's more likely to be a Fri/Sat at WL on cash and use the points for elsewhere.

I'm stopping now before I write any more :blush: but I don't think I have been to enough to rank them yet. Still, I think you can see which my favourite so far is ;)

Oh what a pleasant thing to write about on a wet Saturday night when I've got no plans!

I've only stayed at 3 resorts (soon to be 4 when I do HH next month :) ) but have visited them all, taken all the tours of rooms/models as each new one opened. I've been a member for 9 years and have visited many times - and do not regret a penny spent on my trips ;)

In order of preference:

OKW: I just love my home resort and have added on a few times. I no longer do assault course trips to the parks, and sometimes don't go at all, especially when with DH. It's just a lovely relaxing place to be, and the parking outside the door is a big plus too. And oh those 1 bedroom villas - huge. The studios are quite a bit bigger than other DVCs at WDW too, but may not seem so because of the 2 queen size beds (cough, cough, Karen ;) ).

VB: Again I just love being beside the ocean and own a small number of points here too. Don't care to sit on the sand, so to be right next to ocean, getting the noise of the waves, especially as I sit on the balcony in the evening or early morning, is just wonderful. It's a great resort for a few days of sheer idleness :)

BWV: I've just bought 30 more points here so I can have a few days every other year in a studio overlooking the Boardwalk. That's the only reason I like to stay here. Oh, and Jellyrolls ;) In March I booked a one-night stay in a standard room so my friend could try the sofa bed (she wasn't impressed) and although the room was nice enough, it was waaaay at the end of one of the long corridors.

VWL: Haven't stayed there but often take a look around and think it looks lovely. Don't expect to stay though.

SSR: I visited last September after Hurricane Frances so I rather think that may have coloured my view (the new planting had taken a beating) and I need to return when it is more established. It didn't grab me but I like the location and the parking. Also we like to eat at Crossroads and this is convenient from either OKW or here.

HH: Again, I have visited but never stayed. Feel sure we will enjoy it because HH is such a lovely island and it is close enough to visit Savannah, Beaufort and Charleston.

BCV: Don't see the hype about this one :confused3 although I can see it is a charming resort. Well, okay, SAB and proximity to Epcot, but as neither of those things matter to me, this is another one I doubt I would ever choose.

So good we all like different things and there is something for everyone :goodvibes

We just got back from our first ever DVC stay.

OKW is our home resort and we loved it. It felt like an oasis away from the parks, our room overlooked the 4th green and we were very close to a bus stop so we could get to the parks easily if we wanted to or just chill and take it easy. It was also a short boat ride to DTD. We had a 2 bed unit which was humongous.

We also visited Vero beach which we loved - the kids spent the days running between the ocean and the pool and we all had a relaxing time. Both resorts will be a regular part of our Florida plans and we don't feel any need to try the others (although that might change)

Hi Jakki - I've been keeping an eye on your trip reports to see how you liked OKW!!! ;) I'm so glad you're happy with your choice! :goodvibes

Hi
We own at BCV abd love it. The abience of the resort is awesome. We love being so close to Epcot that its feels lik eyou own "backyard". We can walk to MGM too and all that the BOardwalk has to offer is jsut a stroll across the bridge. It also has Cape May Cafe of course which is fabulous and that old favorite BEaches and Cream. There are 4 of us and we always stay in a studio. This is plenty big enough for us. We usually request on with a large balcony and do all our "at home" eating out there. We find that there sofa beds are lovely and comfy, the whole place is great.

We have had a look at OKW and wonder whether we would like to try it the only problem we thought was the very close proximity of all the vegitation and the possibility of mosquito bites - we are all very prone to these.

We have had a look round SSR and, sorry to all who own there, but we didn't lik eit at all. IT seemed so very ig and impersonal.

We would love to try VB some day and maybe have a split holiday two weeks there and twoo weeks in site at WDW.

Morning!

We own at the VWL and love it. It's very quiet and the small pool by the villas building has to be one of the hidden gems at WDW. The boat ride to the Magic Kingdom is a plus as well.

We've been members since 2000 and have only stayed there. I'd love to try BWV but my DW loves WL so I'll keep trying to get her to stay somewhere else.

Andy

Having tried all of the resorts except SSR I can assure you this is a tough question to answer! They all have their charms, in fact we were discussing this last Tuesday as we were having dinner at Vero!!

We love OKW, which is good as we own there ; ) It feels like having your own home, not like a hotel room which you get with some of the other resorts.

Second would be BWV: Location, Location, Location. It's great for the dining choices and walking to Epcot/MGM. But it is just like a hotel. Having said that, we've only stayed in a studio, maybe it's different in a 1 br.

Joint third are VBR and HH, completely different but both wonderful. Vero did take longer to grow on me, while I loved the woodsy feel of HH as soon as I walked into the (large!) studio. Vero was take it or leave it when we arrived but after 5 days it was "home". Our own appartment on the shore: really relaxing, lovely pool and sitting on the porch with the sound of the ocean in the background .... life doesn't get any better!
HH has a better location, lots to do right next door. Vero is quite a way from everything, you have to drive at least 20 minutes for dinner etc.

4th would be VWL - love the atmosphere of the lodge and the boat trip to the MK, but feel the villa's are a bit of an afterthought. Also feel that WL could do with better quick/cheap food options.

And lastly the BCV, didn't really like them at all. Stormalong Bay is great, and it's nice to walk to Epcot, but for us it felt like a hotel annex.

Still have to try SSR, from what I've seen I think we will like it. Also more of an appartment feel, loved the room decor and the grand villa was wonderful with the huge picture window looking out on DD. Pity it's so expensive on points!

Hopefully we'll be able to continue to stay at all the resorts, part of the fun of DVC is having all these options!

Bexx said:
Hi Jakki - I've been keeping an eye on your trip reports to see how you liked OKW!!! ;) I'm so glad you're happy with your choice! :goodvibes

We loved it Becky and can't wait to go back. I need to tweek the trip reports a bit then I'll post them here :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter