What is your funniest memory on a ride?

Waiting in line for Kali River Rapids in 2004, I got a 'present' from a passing bird just before we were about to get on the ride. Much funnier to my dad and brother, of course though.

This year, I went on the revamped Spaceship Earth for the first time, and showed how truly un photogenic I am in the on ride photo! I looked terrified, my fiancee (also not the best with posed photos) had a rather manic look in his eye. Again, my dad thought this was hilarious, and so did I really, though I was quite embarrassed by the way they project all the images on those large TV screens...

Actually both are from my last trip in 1995.

My cousin had never been to Disney and I told him about Space Mountain and how it was dark and all. Well he was a little nervous and I told him it's really not a big deal. I mean it's an AWESOME ride but there aren't any big drops. Anyways, we get on the ride, he's behind me and laughed the ENTIRE ride.

Another was on Tower of Terror and neither of us had been on it. During our wait, we "befriended" a family of four (mom, dad, two daughters)..the oldest daughter sat next to me. We got to the first stop--not too bad. She started freaking out as soon as (for those who have ridden it, know what I'm talking about) then it got pitch black and I feel her hand latch down on mine...The poor girl hated that ride!!!

The original Journey into Imagination (circa 1988) took your picture during the ride. The first time we didn't know this so we were not looking at the camera. We rode again and made stupid faces, but my grandma is just sitting there looking totally bored to tears. I wish we could have that picture today!

This past trip was the first for my husband's bother and his family. They rode the 'thrill' rides while we waited for them. My nephew is almost 7 and in every picture my sister in laws arm is stretched out trying to hold him in place - the protective part of the motherly instinct I guess - while she is trying to look like she is enjoying the ride.

My wife will never ride Soarin' again, :lmao: (LOL) ............. sorry. Thats mean, but you had to be there. ok here goes. We must have waited in line for an hour. The whole time she is saying , I dont know. But me and the kids were saying your gonna be fine youll love it. Well its finally our turn, we go in, she looks around sits in her seat, i sit in mine and put on the seat belt, I tell her to buckle up, so she clicks it in and then she says "no" i said what ??? she said i dont think so. So I said well un-buckle and tell them you want to leave. Well i didn't know, but once the buckle goes click .......... it locks. ..:rotfl2: (LOL) The look on her face was priceless !!! well by now the CM's are nowhere to be seen and the ride starts. We she saw the seats in front of us go straight up, She lost it, she grabbed my arm with one hand and covered her eyes with the other. and up we went. Now we are dangling there and shes tripping out, Im trying not to laugh and telling her to just look one time, youll love it. Dang ! wrong again. well the ride finally ended, thank god for that because i didnt know just how deep fingernails could sink into your arm, but i knew how far she was trying. And the good news is my hearing finally came back in my left ear, after the ear chewing I went through after that one!!:rolleyes1

Once on Buzz Lightyear, my Sis-n-law (a few cars in front of us) lost a flip flop while the doors were closing on her car & it fell in the conveyer belt--- the whole ride came to complete stop for about 10 minutes (that music is loud!)

Once on Kali River rapids, I had my phone tucked in my bra. Well, I forgot at the end of the ride and as I was getting out, it fell perfectly in the 1 inch gap (of course) between the tube and the dock- straight in the water. The CM got it out 10 minutes later, but it was fried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter