What is your most irrelevant claim to fame?

My sister and I got Jose Cruz fussed at for waving to us way too much during an Astros game in the 70's.

I talked to Bono on an airplane. I didn't realize who he was until a flight attendant told me.

In the 70's, my office was located on the third floor of a hotel. To get to the snack bar, you could take a back staircase. They were holding an event in the hotel for the Republican National Convention. As usual, I went flying down the stairs and literally ran into Pat Boone and Efrem Zimbalist Jr.. I almost knocked poor Pat down the stairs.

I had my picture taken with Elijah Wood.

DD was in the cast of a children's cable television show. I accompanied her to all the tapings.

I was in the promotional piece show on Disney resort television. I was shown getting into a Doombuggy.

I recently filmed an interview segment with Food Network's Robert Irvine's wife.

I got to be on a local kid's show called "Big Brother". One of the daily traditions on the show was to stand with Big Brother (Yes, that was his name) and drink your milk while the Star Spangled Banner played and the American flag was shown, kind of a way to "salute the flag". I was just walking through the studio with my parents when I got chosen, so at the time, it was a big treat.

I use to speak quite often to Sarah Ferguson, the Dutchess of York. I would call her on her cell.
She was a client of ours in the reinsurance company I worked for at the time and my boss was her agent.
I also use to speak with Star and her then husband, also clients.

I rode an elevator with John Jr. Kennedy at the Downtown Athletic Club and also would see him running downtown when
I would get out of work.

My dh spoke to Fred Wilpon (sp?) the owner of the Mets. He actually called my home to speak to my ds after I letter I sent him.

I bummped into the drummer for Elton John across the street MSG before a concert.

I have a few others but those are my highlights LOL

Last edited:
Slash and his then-girlfriend went on "its a small world" while I was working Tower (person who dispatches the boats and waves to everybody) back in Fall 2016. They waved back at me!

My name and a line from a letter that I wrote were featured on a Disney Channel commercial circa 1994.

DH and I still sing versions of "Oh, Where is my Hairbrush?" when looking for something.
(la la la) "...oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh wheeeeeer - is my hairbursh??" :teeth:

Isn't it funny how something that probably made me want to gnaw my own arm off when it played on repeat in my car all those years ago is now such a fond memory?

I was an extra in a bollywood movie while studying abroad in London.

My hair was on our local news station when the Olympics were in Atlanta. I worked at United Way and we were sponsors and volunteers helping with the runners that were selected from Panama City, FL. The staging area was our local mall and I pulled my hair back using the five colors of the Olympic rings. One of the news people noticed and asked to film my hair style. My daughter got on the news when the street our office was on was flooding (always did with heavy storms). A news truck pulled on to the top of the street and my co-worker told my daughter to go show them how deep the water was. DD, ever the adventurist, took her shoes off and rolled up her jeans and walked out to the street and waded across the street to the opposite curb. She was in high school and would come to my office after school. They showed the footage on the news later.

Once I almost bumped into Steve Wozniak while he was walking out of the restroom area at Chili's. I stopped and let him pass as he continued to adjust his pants. I wanted to ask him a question about my new iPhone, but my husband said no. I was like, "Seriously, it would be the ultimate trip to the Apple Genius Bar!" He still said no. We watched from the window as he drove away in his Tesla. (Yes, we live in the Silicon Valley.)

Also, I can sing every single word of Les Miserables. All three hours...

Not mine but something kind of funny....

A producer that I work with that lives in LA was out to dinner with a friend. She asked a lady if she would mind taking a picture and she said sure but she noticed that she looked at her kind of funny when she handed over her phone for her to take it.

The lady takes the picture and she thanks her. Afterwards her friend asked her if she knew who that was....it was Beyonce and you can even clearly see Jay Z in the background watching. Lol

Someone very close to me was in a mildly famous rock band. I had dinner about 10 feet away from both the Police (or those that hang together) at Tom Choccilo's place in Vegas and Jay-Z and Beyonce at the Spotted Pig. I mean, I obviously didn't have dinner WITH them, but it was neat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!