What is your must-not-do for your next trip?

V.I.N.CENT.

DIS Veteran
Inspired by AuntieKels post "What is your never-done-must-do for your next trip" post, what is your must-not-do for your next trip?

For us, its the Blue Bayou. Ambiance is stellar, and the service is excellent. But the food last time was really substandard. Also, we are experiencing burn out, usually visiting twice each trip.

Anyone else experiencing burn out with something in the parks?

Indy Jones. I am just not getting the adventure anymore. I am not going to blame it on being 62, because I like BTMRR and one trip on Matterhorn. But the long tunnel walk, the stairs, the noise.....I just don't understand the thrill anymore.

Never done & never plan to: tiki room, haunted mansion, never made it through fantasmic, bakery tour, most of toon town, or mr Lincoln.

Really, the only thing that's an absolute "must not" is waiting an insane amount of time for the fireworks. They're beautiful from quite a few locations in the park and the projections are just so-so. I don't know what people's obsession with projections is--I know a lot of people love them so there must be something special. I saw both the DF fireworks and the new Pixar fireworks and sure, it's fun, but the visuals actually take away from the majesty of the fireworks themselves in my perspective.

I don’t think I’ve burned out on anything yet. We do have our one and dones: Goofys Sky School, Roger Rabbit, PTN dining package & dinner at Napa Rose off the top of my head (although we would return to napa rose for wine & appetizers). Experiences that we wanted to try but after doing so have no desire to repeat.

The teacups, Mickey's fun wheel (pixar pal around as it will soon be called), and sadly Star Tours. The teacups make me feel woozy, and you couldn't pay me to get on the Ferris wheel. I am sad about Star Tours but even on motion sickness meds it still makes me sick to my stomach and makes me feel icky for the rest of the day.

Usually Nemo is on my never do list, it's just too cramped feeling but the person I am going with this year has never been on it, so I will go once with him.

... Usually Nemo is on my never do list, it's just too cramped feeling but the person I am going with this year has never been on it, so I will go once with him.

Would the alternate viewing room work better for you? It is on the far right side of the ride, going toward Autopia. Ask a CM at the Nemo line about using the alternate viewing room. It is a spacious (compared to the subs!) room with a "window" screen that shows what you would see from the sub windows. The narration plays while you watch.

Does "must not toast myself" count? I have heat intolerance issues (like serious medical issue, not just a little uncomfy in hot weather), and tend to push myself more than I should, especially for our June and July visits.... Its my grandson's first trip next week (OMG! NEXT WEEK!), so, in the interest of being a good Grammy, I'll go on every ride he wants.... Including the dreaded Wheel of Pal-Around H***...

The teacups, Mickey's fun wheel (pixar pal around as it will soon be called), and sadly Star Tours. The teacups make me feel woozy, and you couldn't pay me to get on the Ferris wheel. I am sad about Star Tours but even on motion sickness meds it still makes me sick to my stomach and makes me feel icky for the rest of the day.

Usually Nemo is on my never do list, it's just too cramped feeling but the person I am going with this year has never been on it, so I will go once with him.

I've had the same problem with Star Tours but had to ride with my niece this spring (she was visiting from Italy and really wanted to ride). So in addition to the meclizine I had taken the night before, I also put on my SeaBands when I got on the ride. For the first time ever, I didn't get sick! My niece, however, did. So I won't have to ride it next time she comes. :D Might be worth a try?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter